What's new

More Speaker Jargon Help? (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Part of a speaker description reads "INPUT POWER 70 watts nominal, 140 watts music power".

Is this speaker actually 70W with 140W DYNAMIC Power? OR is it really a 140W speaker?

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Perhaps it means the speaker doesn't like but can handle power over 70 watts.. though this seems an interesting number.

140 watts is only 3db higher in volume then 70 watts. More importantly is the efficency and if the speakers are 4, 6 or 8 ohm normal impedence.

What type/ model are these speakers?

Brian

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There is one glaring error with those speakers, as I have owned the previous generation of them (I got them for $18/pr!! brand new a long time ago) - they are identical, ie; the tweeter is in the same location for both left and right, on the right side of the speaker. Not ideal for imaging.

If you are considering these, I would skip them. Enclosures are very thin, drivers are not very good and the crossovers are sad at best.

to answer the question, they can handle 140w PEAK, not continuously. 70w being their recommended continuous power.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks