More speaker help needed

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Erik.Ha, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

Dec 24, 2003
    Im replacing my fronts and centers, and based on the recomendations here Ive gone out and listened to various makes and models.

I originally was set on the Klipsch RF/RC35s, but after listening to them twice Ive eliminated them. I don't really know what "bright sounding" means as they are often described, but thats not the word I would use to describe my reaction... to me they just didnt sound "right." If anything, the highs sounded dull and inprecise, maybe "muddy". But that doesnt seem to be the reaction everybody else has... Anyway, they're off the list.

As is the B&W 603- I didnt like it as much as the paradigms.

Ive listened to the Paradigm Monitor 7 and 9s and I like the 9 better, just sounded a little stronger in the bass.

So Im down to the Monitor 9 and cc370.

Except others have suggested the Axiom M60ti and VP150. Plus, they are slightly cheaper. Problem is, I cant find anybody who sell these atound me so I can HEAR them, and I live in L.A.!!! What should I do? Should I bother? How do the Axioms 2, 6 inch and 1, 5 inch drivers compare to the Monitor 9s 2, 8 inch drivers?

Would I be comparing apples to oranges? Would I have to go woth the 80Ti to be in the same ballpark as the Paradigm 9s?

Any help is appreciated.
  2. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

Feb 6, 2003
    Best help I can give you here is for you to sign up at the Axiom forum and request that someone from the LA area be nice enough to give you an in-house (theirs, that is) demo. I'm sure there will be plenty of folks there who are nice enough to help you out. You might want to bring a 6-pack with you during the listening sessions [​IMG]