What's new

More SNOW DOGS Madness - Deleted Scenes in WideScreen! (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I rented the Snow Dogs DVD yesterday, and have been going through the extras. Although the film itself in is MAR, the deleted and expanded scenes are all in WIDESCREEN 1:85:1! How nuts is that?

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
The promo trailer that you have to sit through at the beginning of my Parent Trap DVD is 1.85:1 WS as well.

First time the "sneak peaks" preview preserves OAR for artistic reasons while the feature DVD is P/S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-dave

Robert Cook

Stunt Coordinator
Well, look at this from my point of view--because it's in MAR, the movie itself is therefore a deleted scene. :)

Chris M

Second Unit
I'm still not sure who Disney is looking to buy the disk... how many people prefer "Full Screen" AND A DTS track??? I really don't get that!
Sigh... Damn Dirty Disney! :)
Chris.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
It says it has a commentary track too- who the hell is going to listen to it if they prefer pan and scan? They'll probably eject the disc (and throw it somewhere to gather dust) during the end credits so they won't ever see the extra stuff anyway.

It sounds like they'd originally planned on doing a good release on this but decided to screw up the movie at the last minute.

"The black bars are gone, but there's someone talking over the movie!"

Another thing- $29.99 is too high a price for something that's only pan and scan!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Almost as silly as the Universal p/s "Babe" with the full-bit-rate DTS track.

Who are the dorks at these companies who make these decisions? They clearly have no clue as the the audience who is interested in these features and why.

Oh well. At least I can buy Oliver and Co.

Edwin-S

Premium
Maybe they should change their name from "Disney" Corp. to "Dizzy", since they seem to be completely confused over there. Are they sure that they named the "Magic Mountain" ride correctly?.......maybe it should be the "Magic Mushroom" ride.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Magic Mountain isn't the name of a ride, it's a theme park owned by Six Flags, a competitor of Disney. You must be thinking of either Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was really disappointed to see the other day that dvdfile.com did a nice little feature on the Snow Dogs DVD, with links to buying it. Sell-outs...

Kevin P

Screenwriter
So just watch the deleted scenes then. Are they in DTS? :rolleyes:
Must be the Dilbert principle in action, or the Disney suits have their ties on too tight and it's cutting off the oxygen to their brains. A "Full Frame" only Special Edition with DTS and commentaries! Too much!
Maybe the Deleted Scenes section has the parts of the image that were chopped off in the MARring process. After all, this caused parts of the movie to be deleted! Although, I tend to think that it's an open matte transfer, being the OAR was 1.85:1. Were effects shots panned & scanned?
KJP

Edwin-S

Premium
Magic Mountain isn't the name of a ride, it's a theme park owned by Six Flags, a competitor of Disney. You must be thinking of either Space Mountain
------------------------------------------------------------
:b So much for that bad attempt at humour. You are right. I was thinking of the Space Mountain ride and thought it was "Magic" for some dumb reason. YOW!! :rolleyes
And I was writing about THEM being confused! :D

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
The Max Keeble Day Off DVD trailer in front of the new Vault Disney DVDs is also in widescreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug2000
Recent bookmarks