What's new

More Smallville episodes possibly coming out on dvd (in Canada)... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just spoke to someone at Warner Home Video Canada. She did say that nothing was official. But, she expected more episodes of the show to come out. The bad news is that they will probably be 2 episodes to a disc and not a season box set. And it would be a Canada only release. But, they still can be played in the US. Now, this might come sooner than we think. As she told me to call her back in a few weeks. If I hear anything, I will pass it on.
If it looks and sounds anything like the pilot movie did. It should be great.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Ooh, don't know if I'd be interested in a disc by disc way of collecting the series. I've been spoiled by the box sets (and Fox's new price poin for them - wish they'd lower X-Files). If she does call you back you might try passing that along, I think most people here would agree.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Since I've already invested in the first Smallville disc, I'd rather they go disc by disc instead of me having a duplicate. I'll gladly pick up any forthcoming Smallville DVDs... the first one was top notch. Great news. Thanks for posting.

Gary_E

Second Unit
Bring 'em on with a few extras, anamorphic transfers and in DD5.1. As was stated in the previous posts, the disc of the first two episodes is outstanding.

-Gary

Rob T

Screenwriter
damn. I'd much rather perfer box sets...
I might be drawn into buying them 2 at a time but most likely not. We'll see though. :)

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
I would never buy anything a disc at a time. Whenever a company does this it seems to be a lack of commitment on their part. I'd rather not take the gamble of investing in what would be the first couple of eps, only for the latter eps to get trapped in DVD limbo for whatever reason.
Now SportsNight is how TV products should be treated...:D

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if they'll release a box once the first season has been released disc-by-disc.

I won't pick these up like this since shipping costs are the biggest factor when buying from a Canadian website. I hope they'll reevaluate.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Kinda off topic here, is it just me, or does the cover art for the first SMALLVILLE disc look kinda corny? :D

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Nick,

The cover art is obviously more appealing to a younger female audience. My 12 year old niece thinks Clark is a hottie.

Marc.

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
WB should take a look at the Star Trek series.
The original series was sold with the two episode each
format and the Next Generations is being sold as the
complete season format.
I know more people who are dropping $100 per season,
rather that buying each of the original series.

Selling individual discs also runs the risk of consumers
passing on average episodes and becomes a nightmare
for stocking in stores.

I like the idea of selling a pilot and then the whole
season, just as long as you can get each.
Twin Peaks would be perfect if you could get the pilot
done in the same quality as the first season.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
If they did 4 eps per disk then I would have not problem with it, especially if it was priced like Stargate SG1

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Considering it was on the WB, they probably thought that was the only audience they would draw in. But I can't see watching something for the hot cast. I can't imagine anyone would. I mean, sure Buffy's hot, but I don't watch the episode going..."Oh yeah, she's wearing short shorts now!!!" seriously, the fact that she's hot really doesn't matter. Same with Smallville, but sadly, I have female friends, and they actually do watch shows for the hot guys. I just can't understand why...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I won't pick these up like this since shipping costs are the biggest factor when buying from a Canadian website. I hope they'll reevaluate.
When you factor in the exchange rate, it usually ends up being about the price of a U.S. disc in a brick and mortar. I got the first Smallville disc for $19 something US shipped, for instance.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was able to get Smallville from DVDBoxOffice for $15.97 US dollars delivered.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I've been noticing that the price of Smallville came down since I got my copy! :crazy: $3 cheaper than it used to be at Link Removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks