More ReplayTV Factory Refurb units with service activation included.

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Parker Clack, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    These are factory refurb models but they include the service activation which is a $250 option. Get 'em while they are hot.

Click here to check them all out.

Parker

2. AnthonyJS

AnthonyJS Agent

Has anyone bought one of these "factory renewed" units? I've been wanting a HDD "VCR replacement" but didn't like the idea of a $250 to $300 activiation fee. I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with these refurb units?

Also, I notice that the description mentions that these units could have cosmetic blemishes. Has anyone gotten one with a gash or dent in it?

It doesn't appear that these units get the same 30-day return policy so I want to be sure before I buy.

Finally, on the checkout page, there is a field for "coupon codes". Does anyone know of any ReplayTV coupon codes floating around? My search has turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance!

3. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

I have one from their last refurb sale, one of their 5040 units. The one I have is great. It looked brand new, though they said it was not. Even the RCA jacks on the back where never used. Go figure.

4. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I have a refirb Replay too. Mine looks brand new and functions perfectly. It's not exactly Tivo but I couldn't pass up the deal.

My searches for coupons turned up nothing. I heard there were coupons a few months back but the promotions have since expired.