What's new

More problems with blockbuster (1 Viewer)

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
i rented tony hawk 3 and returned it well before the due date time...it was a 1 week rental...but now there saying I havnt returned it...has anyone been in this situation?...what should I do?...and yes I know I returned it

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
once at a tower records
it was the last time i ever rented anything from them.
never had a problem with Netflixs

TerryS

Agent
Maybe ask for the barcode number and see if its setting on the shelf? Most likely some clerk grabbed it off the counter and filed it before it was scanned back in.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Terry is right. When I worked there a long time ago, we had a report to print up and check for movies that were late that might be sitting on the shelf. Ask them to check the shelf.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have had that happen a couple times, but it was always cleared up with a physical check. Just be nice.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Several months ago I rented the Last Castle and swore I returned it. I ended up with a big fat late fee on the next visit for this rental. They were doing inventory that week and said maybe it's a mistake & they'd check up on it. I went back later and they said they found it and I paid no late fee charges.
Just last week I went to my friend's house and it turns out I left it there the whole time! :laugh: Now the predicament is should I return it in fear of facing late charges or be like George Costanza and place it in a hidden spot in the video store so it turns out they were the ones who lost it? It's from Hollywood Video btw, and I absolutely love their service/selection/No Pan&Scan... so I don't really want to keep it from them.
So just make sure you don't actually have it, left it in the car, friend's house, etc... :D

ryan_x

Stunt Coordinator
looks like im going to have to wait till they do their inventory...I just hate their whole attitude of "Its your responsibility to return it"...should it be my responsibility to make sure its checked in properly and returned it to the shelve as well?

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I have had a few run-ins with Blockbuster's and have learned my lesson. I no longer rent there and if you do I highly recommend that when you return a video to have a clerk personally check it back in so there won't be any confusion on whether it got checked back in or not. What a racket!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks