What's new

More Pre-Codes From Warners On March 4, 2008 (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
wow this is getting better all the time.

Learning about those movies that are waiting to be discovered.

Keep them comin

Corey

Screenwriter
I'm overall pretty satisfied with the selections. Norma Shearer seals the deal.

Now if only Fox would start releasing their pre-codes. They have tons of them and many are restored already.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great news and a set that I look forward to. I'm particularly curious how the delightful Three On a Match will look here. The TCM library print has scenes that look like they were run through a meat grinder.

The documentary included is not the one that aired on TCM. I believe WHV indicated that rights issues precluded that one from being included on DVD. Unfortunate since there were some wonderful interviews with actresses that have since passed on (Kitty Hart, Karen Morley). Hopefully this new documentary can incorporate some of those segments.

Steve

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
It seems that the release date has been changed. Amazon notified me, that the set will be available at the 25th of March. This month will be very exepensive then.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

Isn't that the same day the Bonnie and Clyde special edition is being released.

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Does anyone know if restoration work has been done for "A Free Soul"? The version I recorded off TCM last year was less than steller. It looked and sounded very dupey. I was hoping they did some significant work on it for this set. Anyone know?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Indeed it does. Really looking forward to this set; Warner look like they've listened to the consumer and given us what we want (in spades). BTW, this is available at a very attractive price with 40% off at B&N right now (moreso if you have one of those very attractive discount coupon codes and you are a member).

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm getting more excited about this set by the hour. I can't wait to watch the included documentary. :)

Too bad that WB sucks so bad!!:)

Corey

Screenwriter
Are we still going to get Vol 3 this year? If so, my choices are:

-Illicit
-Ex-Lady
-Strange Love of Molly Louvain
-The Purchase Price
-Dance, Fools, Dance
-Havana Widows

ColbyCo82

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Me too! Though, I have to put in a vote for at least one Norma Shearer film to be included...either Strangers May Kiss (1931) or Riptide (1934)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks