What's new

More Praise for SVS (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Reading praise about SVS's level of customer service may be getting old by now, but for those of us who have experienced it firsthand we realize it would be remiss to NOT share our experiences.

I purchased a 20-39PC second hand and when it started developing problems Tom V. offered a free repair and/or amp replacement and the opportunity to upgrade to the PCi driver at a reduced cost. When it was damaged in shipment to SVS, rather than charge me for replacing all the damaged parts, Tom decided to send me a new 20-39PCi at the same price we had discussed for just the repair and upgrade. This is so above and beyond expectation it is humbling. I have given my personal thanks to Tom and his staff but such generosity and commitment also deserve a public expression of gratitude and praise.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I remember this original thread from a few weeks ago. His offer at the time was outstanding, but this simply goes beyond the call of duty.

This level of CS is virtually unheard of in this day and age. This is what separates this company from all the rest, and this is why SVS owners often sign themselves "customers for life".

While SVS might have taken a minor bath on this exchange, they (in one fell swoop) now have: 1) a very satisfied customer who has just informed thousands of other potential buyers of his great CS experience, and 2) a current and better-performing unit out in the field for you to enjoy and your friends to demo.

Seems to me, that not only is good CS a great idea, it's a damn good business practice. Hats off to SVS - The Bass AND CS Authority!

Ed

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Cameron,
We're just glad we found an acceptable solution. UPS *issues* always spike this time of the year(I guess because they need to hire so many temp employees). The headaches that go along with UPS damage is something we always try to shield SVS customers(even second hand customers.:) )from whenever possible. Be sure to let me know what you think of the 39PCi as time allows.Now that you've found SVS customer service acceptable, I'm curious to see what you think of the performance of the actual product :)
Tom V.
SVS

John Spicer

Agent
Yeah, I too was getting a tad skeptical that the product and company would actually justify all of the SVS hype you read on this bbs. Well, that was until I got mine. It was delivered last Friday and simply put, all I can saw is "WOW". From the packaging of the product to the product itself the one thing that is conveyed is the pride that the guys at SVS have in their work and their passion. To be honest, these have to be the best subs on the market and the most impressive aspect is that SVS knows it, and they know that we know it. The proof is in their pricing (or lack of pricing if you know what I mean) and their preference to small and personal marketing which does nothing but produce fierce and loyal customers that will take the SVS flame with them where ever they go. Im almost disappionted that I dont have reason to give them more of my $$.

As for the sound of the product, music comes alive with great subtleness, authoritative subtleness. The sub lacks the size 15 boot that tramples on delicate musical passages like so many other subs do. Turn around though and watch LOTR and oh my goodness I could hear the springs in my brand new windows shaking. Great product, great company, at a great price. Im in *love*.

-- John

ps. The subs look so good, when I pulled mine out of the box and put it in the living room, my wife didnt look at it twice. Very impressive.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Actually I was pleased with the PC's performance even when it was working inconsistently, or rather when it seemed to be working as it should. Having owned a Sony SA-WM40 for a couple years I noticed a difference right away and learned by comparison what is meant by "boomy" or "muddy" bass, which I noticed affecting the midrange. I loved watching LOTR but even more appreciated the subtlety when playing music DVDs and CDs. The latter seemed to gain a new life. Given this initial experience I'm looking forward to hearing how a brand new PCi sounds (currently somewhere in Illinois).

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
agreed. a friend who was, for the first time, buying a decent hifi system (mini-compos up till now) came over to hear my system, which for CDs in effect is a DVD player as transport, Marantz SR8200 for DAC and amp, and Mission 782 fronts. I also have an SVS25-31PCi (tuned 22)

when I used Source Direct, i.e. only the front pair, no sub, the music was sweet, but when I engaged CS5.1 as well and the sub was back in, the difference for bass was, well, amazing. much more authoritative, but without ever overpowering the music or booming. my friend noticed the difference straightaway as well.

and I've raved about their customer service often enough elsewhere. suffice to say that even those of us in far-flung corners (relative to you lot in North America) are also treated well, just that to be fair time-difference sometimes works against us; having said that, I once got a reply from Ron at what must have been 1 or 2 am his time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks