What's new

More Praise for KeithH and Upgrades on the Way (1 Viewer)

Lin Park

Second Unit
I just can't stop listening to my Sony 555ES - I keep pulling out discs that I haven't listened to since the flood and enjoying them all over again. And it's all because of KeithH - that guy has to be a salesman. ;)

Now for the really good news - here's my current setup for 2-channel audio:

Denon AVR-2700 as preamp using AQ Coral interconnects to amps
Sony 555ES (CD's and SACD's) and Panasonic RP-91 (DVD-A) as transports with cheap interconnects
QuickSilver V4 Monoblock tube amps w/ KT-88's
Vandersteen Model Fives Bi-Wired with 4' AQ CV-4

Here's what I'll have by next weekend:

Audio Research SP16L as preamp using AQ Coral interconnects to amps
Same transports but using AQ Coral interconnects
QuickSilver V4 Monoblock tube amps w/ KT-88's
Vandersteen Mode Fives Bi-Wired with 4' QuickSilver SilverWire

I can't wait!!!! I borrowed all of the new equipment about 8 months ago and finally found the cash laying around to buy it. I've been missing that stuff for 8 extremely LONG months but my patience has paid off.

I'll let you know how it sounds,
Lin

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
What type of Kt-88's are you using?

I just had to retube my Art Audio Concerto MKII. I did have KR Audio tubes and now have some pink glass JJ/Tesla's.

Want to try in the future EI Kt-90 type 3 and Electro-Harmonix KT-88. Have you tried any of these and have some thoughts?

Anyhow that's a nice system.

How about adding the phono stage to the SP16, which I have heard is pretty good and getting a turntable as well. I bet your amps and speakers would love some vinyl running through them as well.

:D

Lin Park

Second Unit
Yeah, I toyed with the TT idea but didn't have the $$$ to get the Basis table that I wanted much less any vinly since I have none. But someday when the kids are all grown and out of college ...

I've stuck mostly with the stock Chinese and Sovtek tubes that QuickSilver supplies but will eventually start to experiment. Any suggestions or favorites from you? I listen mostly to Blues with some basic Jazz thrown in for a change of pace.

Thanx,
Lin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks