What's new

More potential casting choices (Battlestar Galactica) (1 Viewer)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows...1/5/531/318565

I seriously doubt they'd get Richard Dean Anderson as Baltar. That doesn't sound right at all.

But Michael Shanks... I'll have to sleep on that one and see if it makes sense to me. As for Ronny Cox - can he play a likeable character? Everything I've seen him in, the character is a major @@$&*!% or at least comes off as one. Could he be the likeable CO of the BG?

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Ronny Cox used to play nothing but nice guys back in the day. I think he turned to the Dark Side starting with TOTAL RECALL.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And Ronny Cox was reasonably likable for the month or two he was on The Agency.

What is it with the recycling of sci-fi actors, though? Does word get around that you're not horribly allergic to prosthetic makeup and won't throw a hissy over acting against a blue screen or something?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Umm, dunno where Michael's getting this list from, but SG-1 is not ending this season anymore, and Shanks is back on the show which resumes shooting in the next few weeks

Richard Dean Anderson is not doing the full season, but he will not be in Vancouver when he's off, as he wants family time.

The only way this could happen is if Shanks double-timed it, BSG shooting nights and SG-1 shooting days. While I think Shanks would make a decent Adama, I don't get the Ben Browder choice, he'd be a far better Cain :)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I think maybe Michael was referring in the present tense to season seven. I don't know about anyone else, but I thought it had already started shooting.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Lee, if it did it started shooting in the last week. They typically start at the end of February.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Can I give a big "eww" on Starbabe, and I thought the guy playing Apollo was Ryan Seacrest by that pic :)

They had better stop this quick

Jeffrey Wiffen

Stunt Coordinator
It's funny to see this thread. I didn't think this production would be a big topic.
Yesterday I had a meeting with one of the production staff for this mini-series. I work for an aircraft manufacting company on Vancouver Island. They want to buy from us a number of flight instruments, avionics, tooling jigs, etc. for set props. Based on the stuff they are interested in buying from us, the props will be just as cheesy as they were in the original series. I almost started to laugh when this guys told me what he wanted to buy from us.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Jeffrey-

GOOD. I want them to be "just as cheesy as the original"

It's called continuity, and hopefully shows that they have shifted to the remake idea

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I just got a sample of Tom DeSanto's script for his BSG revival. It's only a few paragraphs, but I could see and hear Dirk, and while I was using Rick Springfield for Troy, since I don't know what Noah looks/sounds like today, it still works

A true continuation, it's not enough to declare it anything, but at the very least it points to a virtually blasphemy free script

I hope for their potential "continuation" project they buy this script

I'll be happy to email to to anyone, send me an email

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks