more Outlaw 950 news

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Razvan V, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Razvan V

Razvan V Stunt Coordinator

This is from the Outlaw forum at www.outlawaudio.com:
    "I just got off the phone with a guy at the outlaws and he said we aint seeing delivery to th first week in January. Happy new year to you and how you doing? On a lighter note he did mention to his knowledge the 950 would have 96/24 dts processing."

2. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

24/96 DTS would be good if true. 6.1 matrix changed to DD EX matrix didn't seem that big of a deal to me.

Dan

3. RichardH

RichardH Supporting Actor

Now, let's push back another 2 months and get Dolby Headphone in there! [​IMG] I'm not in the market for a pre/pro right now, so big deal if they delay, but I can sympathize with all those eagerly waiting.

4. Razvan V

Then let them push it back some more - how about 6 months? - so they can add Logic 7 and a firewire input. And then in June 2002 they'll decide to add DPL III and release it in December 2002. Then in December 2002, just a few days before its release, DPL IV will be announced so that the Outlaw 950 will be pushed back until March 2003. But wait!, surprise, surprise, in March 2003 DTS MEX 10 will be announced. Another delay. And then in November 2003 they find some bugs so December 2003 is the new target date. December 2003: revolution in Malaysia, the factory is destroyed, and so the Outlaw 950 is pushed back to October 2004. October 2004:... oops I need to go to class. To be continued.

Razvan

5. Jah-Wren Ryel

Jah-Wren Ryel Stunt Coordinator

I gave up a few weeks back when I found a guy selling his denon 5800 for $1200. Snapped that puppy up and am using it for a pre-pro. Denon has semi-announced dpl2 & dts 24/96 upgrade (sent letter to people in Britain) so I'm no longer waiting that interminable wait for the 950...

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Razvan: I don't know who you spoke to at Outlaw, but either you got some bad information or there was some type of misunderstanding. Check out my new post with the latest info on the release of the 950. They are starting to take pre-orders as of this Thursday.

PS> And according to a post by Scott on the Outlaw forum, the 950 will NOT have 96/24 DTS.

7. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

Yes, the 24/96 DTS assertion was outright refuted by the newsletter, but the delivery no earlier than 1st week of January is a very realistic possibility, according to my interpretation of the newsletter. It is also unknown how many early production units will be available and how many folks will pre-order. So who knows how many folks will actually see a 950 the first week of its appearance.

Doug

8. Ashford Little

Ashford Little Stunt Coordinator

Forgive me if this seems a bit blunt, but I think the Outlaws are doing a pretty damn good job of keeping everyone informed of the status of the 950 and more importantly why it has been delayed. Sure, I wish it had come out a while back, but I can see people whining about it doesn't have this or that latest update. This way we know what they are planning and I would rather have it done right and wait a while than to buy something that immediately needs to be shipped back for a fix.

9. Razvan V

John,

I didn't speak to anyone at Outlaw, I just pasted a post from their forum. Someone else called Outlaw, not me.

Razvan