What's new

More Night Court?? (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i tried to pre-order from amazon.ca, but, it was not on their list yet. I have order barnaby jones, vega$ season 1-volume 2, Adam-12 (4th Season), Cannon (S2, V2).

I am also looking forward to March 2010 when Hawaii Five-O and Matt Houston come out.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
My god,
I started this thread almost 5 yrs ago, and we're at season 3..
Oh well, better late than never.
Lets hope we at least get season 4 in 2010

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
yeah, i think we could see more season released, especially since 3rd season on is when the show took off with Markie Post.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I doubt we'll ever see all the seasons released unless they jump head to a complete series set.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I think you may see more releases. The show is very funny and it supplemented Cheers on thursday night. I am picking up the 3rd season.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^The seemingly overwhelming theory is that most are awaiting the full time arrival of Markie Post to make a purchase and that sales should see an increase on the season in which she appears. If that's the case sales of S3 should be stronger than S1 and S2 and we should see several more seasons before "general" interest wanes. But... considering the overall state of TVonDVD recently I'll be very surprised if we see the entire 9 season run released.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
According to TVShowsonDVD.com Season 4 of "Night Court" will be available this fall, most likely exclusive to the WB Online Shop. It didn't seem to be clear whether these would be MOD discs, or actual manufactured/pressed sets.

Apparently this will be the new reality for releasing older TV shows, as the article notes that many major retailers are resisting stocking "retro" titles.

I know I never saw S3 at either of the two nearby Best Buy stores, and I think Walmart only ever had 1 or 2 copies in stock before they gave the shelf space to a different title.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have S1-S3. I purchased them from amazon. I like this show, especially after Markie Post join the cast.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm thouroughly disgusted about the possibility of this series moving to MOD. So far I've resisted this overly expensive inferior product. Unless I see overwhealmingly positive evidence of the longivity/durability of MOD disks I consider this move to be the end of the series for me and will just stop with S3. I guess I should be happy that we got 3 seasons, but this is not much better than being stalled.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I will not be purchasing S4 of Night court from MOD. I do not trust MOD and also think warner should just sell the rights to Shout Factory. I think there is demand for the dvd if it is priced at 30-35. I am not paying over 40/season for night court.

btw: they have also overpriced falconcrest as well. I will also not be purchasing that show either from MOD. I have already done my budget for the next three months and have made my purchases. I am just hoping that Nov/Dec has a few surprises so i can close out the year on a high note. (i.e. voyage to the bottom of the sea!!!)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
M.O.D. = D.O.A.

Sorry to hear I was only able to purchase the first three seasons. If I wanted MOD versions I would just have recorded them from tv on a DVD-R. Sorry WB's NO THANKS.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i see there is 9 seasons of night court

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Night_Court_episodes

i have S1-S3 on dvd. I would rather see the show go to Shout Factory then on MOD. I am not going to purchase the show off MOD. My suspicions are that MOD will have very little traction for Night Court.

I am going to take a wait and see approach to the remaining seasons. I have already kind of plan my budget for the next few months. I am focusing more on shows that are released on dvd, like man from uncle, mission impossible, seinfeld, etc. Plus, i have already enough shows from my recent purchases to keep me interested until December 2010.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
It is available from WBShop.com MOD starting today for $34.95 plus shipping. With shipping to Hawaii, that's going to be quite expensive for MOD. But I guess that's the only way (for now) that WB will gauge interest in this show.

I agree: Sell the rights to Shout! Factory.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Keith I

It is available from WBShop.com MOD starting today for $34.95 plus shipping. With shipping to Hawaii, that's going to be quite expensive for MOD. But I guess that's the only way (for now) that WB will gauge interest in this show.

I agree: Sell the rights to Shout! Factory.

I wont be purchasing this set off MOd. The shipping and/or related cost push this release well over my budget. I have S1-S3 and that is ok with me for now. I really like to see the rights sold to Shout Factory or MOD providing a better option via amazon. I much prefer amazon, because it is very reliable.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
While I'd very much like to own S4 I'll stick with S1-3. I'll not be purchasing any titles offered via MOD unless they are true bargains and under what I'd pay for a pressed disk. For "Night Court" that means under $14 as that's the most I've paid for any of the pressed seasons. Frankly I doubt I'd pay more than $10 for a MOD season of "Night Court". $34.95 plus shipping is outrageous! I just don't understand how the studios justify the higher prices for MOD even if it is a niche product that doesn't sell as many copies. Of course this is the same studio which prices BBC series as if the disks were made of gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks