What's new

More Muppet Show - when? (1 Viewer)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
So it's been a year (just about) since the first season of the Muppet Show came out. While I know that these things take time (and with a money in the bank franchise like this, they'd be fools to drop it), but shouldnt we have heard something by now? Or have we indeed heard something, and I just missed it?

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Oh, my bad - I thought it was earlier than that, around March-ish. Perhaps I was thinking of the Time/Life sale.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
6 months, a year, who cares? All I know is that we need more muppets! Hopefully season 2 is coming sooner rather than later.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
(Animal)MUPPETS! MUPPETS!!! *pant* *pant* (/Animal)
Gotta have more! :D

DarrinH

Second Unit
From over at The Digital Bits:

2/8/06 - LATE UPDATE

We've learned from our industry sources that Buena Vista's planned DVD release of The Muppet Show: Season Two is temporarily on hold. We're not sure what's causing the delay, but it's quite possible that it's simply taking longer to assemble the release's episodes and extras this time around.

I have really enjoyed season one and I hope that they make the season 2 set even better.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Are we going to see a 4th season release this year? There is a lot of start/stop when it comes to dvd season set releases. Very unbalanced for a good selling series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
TSoD reported a while ago that season 4 was coming, but not until 2010.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
As I've said before with regard to a series like this, I want to see each season done as well as it can be with regard to picture quality, music rights and extras. Some people are so anxious to just hurry up and have something released that they don't stop and think about an inferior product being dumped on the market just to satisfy demand.

Believe it or not, sometimes when a series is delayed it's not because the evil, mean studios are holding it back intentionally just to screw with you or ruin your day. Sometimes it's for legitimate, admirable reasons. If this in turn leads to a better product then I'll gladly wait for the eventual release regardless of when that is.

Do you want it fast or do you want it good, folks ?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Was the broadcast order of The Muppet Show different to that of ITV's? I've noticed from the episode list on EpGuides.com the broadcast order is different to the DVD boxsets for the first three series.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
Well this is Disney after all, so the odds are we might not get it at all in regards to their handling of tv shows on dvd. I use the Disney Afternoon series as my example. The further the release schedule b/t seasons the more likely it is forgotten by consumers and the company.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard nary a MEEP about season 4? What about you? Is it still on for release next year?

-Rodney

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks