What's new

More Multi-Region encouragement - Kurosawa's "Dreams" Warner DVD Review with scr caps (1 Viewer)

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks...
I saw those answers, but I needed to make double-sure, as I am currently referred to as the One Without Much Cash.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The disc has been out in Japan for a month, and all of the above is correct

To reiterate, the disc contained in the Japanese package is the exact same one we'll be getting in the US

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Or get the identical US disc as low as $11.29 shipped to your door from DVDSoon.com.
If I paid double for every disc for prettier packaging, I'd own half as many DVDs. You know, budget and all.
Hey, I wasn't making a recommendation, I was just answering a question. I'm sure as heck waiting for the U.S. release, myself. :)
DJ

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Well, the SRP price is the same, and that was my point
Those who are impatient can have it now. Bottom line ;)

Andrew_K

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,

Your information about TV system standards is outdated.
Poland and other Eastern European countries (I am not sure about Russia) changed their TV standards from SECAM to PAL about 8-10 years ago.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I just ordered from Japan. I wanted it now. And I probably paid twice what I would have if I waited for R1. I have, at long last, become Veruca Salt.
*sigh*
*repeating over and over* "It's worth it... It's worth it... It's totally worth it..."

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine from CDJapan two days ago (Saturday). From Tokyo to Reno in 8 days, not bad! It does indeed look and sound wonderful. Furthermore, it's not region coded. My plain 'ol Toshiba SD-1600 is quite happy to play it.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
As long as the disc is identical, I can live with my OAR laserdisc for a couple more months.

As far as shipping from Japan (and most of Asia), I have pretty much always been very pleased with how fast/prompt the shipping has been.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Jeeze-Us-Aitch... the package came quickly... and arrived on a Sunday.
SUNDAY!!! God Bless Express Mail Services.
BTW the movie just looks lovely, and is as powerful, haunting, and as moving as ever. Great stuff.
I'm just hoping we can convince Michael Jeck to do another commentary, Kurosawa or otherwise...

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
on top of DREAMS, I notice that Schroeders' MORE is coming out in Japan, a 16x9 QUATERMASS AND THE PIT, and those deluxe KUROSAWA boxes...
I need to win the Lotto, now.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
unfortunately none of the deluxe Kurosawa boxes carry subtitles. And they run about $50/movie :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks