What's new

More MST3K coming in November (1 Viewer)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Maybe we could start a HTF collection fund to buy the rights to old MST3K episodes so that rhino could release them on DVD, last I heard there we some 30,000 members and I'm sure most of them have spare change lying around.
Hell, I've got $37 in loose change in a bucket that could be worse-spent than as part of a collective fund to get Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (or Cave Dwellers) on DVD:)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Maybe we could start a HTF collection fund to buy the rights to old MST3K episodes so that rhino could release them on DVD, last I heard there we some 30,000 members and I'm sure most of them have spare change lying around.
30,000 members but only 41 responses to this thread. I think it would be a hard sell to get those other 29,900 or so lost souls to fork over cash :D
Seriously, there are just some films that will never see the light of day, MST3K style. Hard to believe, but some of those directors didn't appreciate what Best Brains did by making fun of their films. I guess they were convinced that what they had made was some undeniable gem until MST3K came along and clouded everyones judgement ;) It's funny when you think that noone would watch those POS's unless it was the MST3K version.
Bruce

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Unless Ted Turner buys the rights to all of them;) they are never going to be released. Then again, maybe in 60 years, when the rights holders are pushing up daisies, they'll see the light of day.
keep circulating the tapes!

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
Well Garrett - you may be in luck with Cave Dwellers, as that's a title Rhino released on tape in the past (and all of their dvd releases are rehashes of their MST3K tape titles).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks