What's new

More MST3K coming in November (1 Viewer)

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
From MST3Kinfo.com:
We can confirm that the next DVD release from Rhino Home Video, slated for mid-November, will be a four-pack featuring episodes 204- CATALINA CAPER, 606- THE CREEPING TERROR, 607- BLOODLUST (with short: UNCLE JIM'S DAIRY FARM) and 609- THE SKY DIVERS (with short: WHY STUDY THE INDUSTRIAL ARTS?).
It's way too early to say what extras will be on the DVDs....in fact.....
Rhino is looking for "extras" to add to the DVDs so if you have film trailers, promotional material or other items related to these films that you think might make nice "extras" on the DVDs, please contact us at [email protected]. We'll pass your offer on to Rhino. They will return anything they borrow, and you could get some Rhino freebies as a thank you!

RobTrev

Grip
Nice! More MST3K means more money in Rhino's pocket from me. It's good to see 4 out at once instead of just 2.

I like the plea for more extras, too. There's something funny about the fact that these movies are so worthless they can't even dig up some extras.

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
After these, I think the only eps Rhino has left (that they've already done on tape) are:
Pod People
Cave Dwellers
Sidehackers
The Unearthly
Angels' Revenge
Gunslinger
The Atomic Brain
I know MST3k has rights issues and all, but this pace is just killing me. :frowning:

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
You left out the now-discontinued The Amazing Colossal Man, Peter, but presumably since it's no longer available on VHS, it has little chance of turning up on DVD.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The next wave of new releases (after the tape episodes are exhausted) should include The Painted Hills, The Black Scorpion, Robot Monster, and Gorgo since they're all owned or distributed by WB. (Rhino has a 3-D version of Robot Monster on tape, so that would be a neat extra)

Also, Horrors of Spider Island, Hamlet, Girl In Gold Boots, The Screaming Skull, The Phantom Planet, Devil Doll, The Incredibly Strange Creatures..., and countless other episodes feature public domain movies.

The only movies which really have extensive rights problems are MGM-owned films (Orion and post-1960 AIP), Universal-owned films, and the Sandy Frank-owned movies...the Gamera movies. Perhaps Universal can control the episodes featuring their movies, MGM can do the Orion and AIP episodes, and Sandy Frank can be blackmailed. (He is extremely protective over the Gamera movies for some moronic reason.)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Crap. more already-available-on-VHS releases. I guess I can give up hope that Rhino will release any new titles.

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Whatever happened to the promise that Rhino would release 50 episodes on VHS? 50 episodes are NOT on VHS OR DVD...

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
When Rhino first announced that they were going to release episodes on DVD VHS, they promised something like 20 per year. I believe that was back around 1996 or so. So their expectations have fallen a little short.

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
THE CREEPING TERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, the best "Mike" episode ever. Period. Dear lord, please include the special promo Comedy Central ran the week before this episode ran. Yes, CC actually made a unique ad just for this episode, it's *that* *funny*.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I want WAR OF THE COLLOSAL BEAST, just for MISTER B NATURAL. IMHO the best short ever featured on the program.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
When Rhino first announced that they were going to release episodes on DVD, they promised something like 20 per year. I believe that was back around 1996 or so. So their expectations have fallen a little short.
No. Rhino announced on their website in July 1998 that Eegah! would be released on DVD on 11/17/98. That was bumped to some unspecified point in 1999, at which time Eegah! would be released on DVD along with one or two other random episodes. There was no definitive announcement or clear timeline, and those plans were scrapped. In August 1999, Rhino did put a page up on their site asking for fan input on extra content on their MST3K discs, and the first two MST3K titles were announced in January 2000, I believe. I can say with absolute confidence that there were no plans in 1996 (which would pre-date the first DVD players hitting the market) or 1997 for any releases.
According to 'Sampo' of MST3KInfo.com, Rhino's original contract with BBI was limited to 25 titles, and nothing appears to have changed on that front. As far as the claims of releasing 20 titles a year or 50 titles max, please provide a reference. I'm doubtful those claims are from a reputable source.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
THE CREEPING TERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, the best "Mike" episode ever.
This is one of my favorite episodes too. It's films like this that MST3K was born to make fun of. I just wish they stuck more to these type of low budget films than to films like Marooned, Revenge of the Creature and This Island Earth.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Steve,
did you e-mail the comments place, to tell them about this advertisement extra?
Maybe CC would give it up.?:)
Looking foward to all these.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yay! More MST on DVD! I have all eight currently available and the movie as well. I'm extremely proud of this collection and I plan to own 'em all.

Dumb question: Does "4-pack" mean they all come together??

James Z

Grip
THE CREEPING TERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god, the best "Mike" episode ever. Period. Dear lord, please include the special promo Comedy Central ran the week before this episode ran. Yes, CC actually made a unique ad just for this episode, it's *that* *funny*.
I agree that this is definitely one of the best Mike episodes, along with just about everything from the astonishing though brief season 7. I'll always love Joel because, without him and his creativity, MST3K would certainly have never existed but Mike is far and away my favorite host.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks