What's new

More missing dialogue on Artisan's "Reservoir Dogs: Ten Years" DVD (1 Viewer)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Quentin has been a wee bit busy lately and that's why he hasn't commented on the problems with RESERVOIR DOGS?

Vincent

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Vincent -

I know he has been busy with Kill Bill but he seems to already be planning that DVD. I would bet he doesn't even know there are issues with the current anniversary release. I would think that he would say something if he knew considering how pro-DVD he sounds in interviews.

Matt

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
While we're on the topic of this DVD, I attended a late night showing of this last week. The print was awesome to say the least, colors were sharp and well defined. And most of all the dark colors were pure black not faded grey. I also noticed the framing problem with the wall right off the bat.

At least they're correcting the audio, what about the video? Has Artisan said ANYTHING about the transfer?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I e-mailed Artisan a couple of weeks ago and was told that discs with corrected aduio should be available by the end of the year or early 2004. I don't think they're going to do anything about the video, which is why I picked up a copy of the LIVE release from Overstock.com last week for $8.99.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
So they're promising to have this fixed with 2+ years of its initial release? This makes Universal look good.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ken!
I wantd to e-mail them too just so they can see the volume of people interested in this getting fixed.

Matt

Ziv L

Agent
Did you guys got any e-mail back from him?
I emailed him about a month ago and still no answer :frowning:
...still waiting for the corrected discs...

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Ken -
There isn't a mention of what Artisan will do if you already have the DVD in your post. I know that is why I e-mailed Artisan myself. I would like to know if they plan on offering a replacement or if they will make everybody buy it again. :D

Matt

Galen_V

Second Unit
Any new news about the status of the fixed discs? DDD is showing a new "release" date of 02/17/04, but that could mean anything.

Ziv L

Agent
I really hope that these are the corrected discs.. after waiting so long to get them..

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
No updates on this for a while.

I might check to see if the DVD's in the store have different UPC labels than the ones I have. Maybe they silently corrected this and didn't tell anybody.
Probably just wishful thinking but you never know.

Matt

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Sorry to post twice in a row but I was wondering if there is any new infomation on this. I still see the same DVD's in the stores with the special covers on them.

Matt

Real Name
Anthony
For all his talk, there's not actually much evidence that QT is particularly concerned about the DVD presentations of his films. It took a long time for SEs of his films to arrive and whilst they're pretty good, they don't exactly reek of "personal involvement".He obviously didn't supervise the RESERVOIR DOGS disc, has never done commentaries on the films he directed, and he's being far from clear about his intentions for any future KILL BILL set, leaving his fans with the distinctly underwhelming CUT editions we have now.

He talks the talk but he does NOT walk the walk.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think the whole process of correcting "Reservoir Dogs" got lost in the shuffle when Artisan was bought out by Lion's Gate.

Rolando

Screenwriter
so still no corrected discs? was going to pick this up this week. late yes... but so many DVDs, so little time...

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I was watching this a few weeks ago and maybe I was asleep or something but I don't remember seeing the scene where the two guys go to get the cop out of the back of the car. There's a shot from inside the trunk as they open it up, it's even included in the DVD menu, but I don't recall seeing it in the movie itself. Or is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks