What's new

More LFE? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
A couple of questions. What type of AVRec/processor do you have? What are your speakers set at (large, small)? Have you calibrated with an SPL meter?

All things being equal, you should definately get more at -1. If you can't hear a difference (even without calibrating), I'd suspect something may be wrong with the LFE/speaker settings or a connection issue.

--Steve

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
Steve, thanks for the reply. I'm using a Sony receiver. It was included in a box set (w/ speakers, sub, & DVD player) from Best Buy. I'm not entirely sure if my speakers are set to large or small. I don't have an SPL meter, but I do have access to the AVIA disc. As far as speakers are concerned, does wide or narrow matter?

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Sorry, I'm not sure what the wide/narrow setting might be for :frowning:
What you should try to do, is get familiar with the receiver's menues and settings. Most will allow you to set the speakers to large or small. In your case, set all your speakers to small and the sub to yes. Once that is done and your speakers are connected properly...you're well on your way. You should see a significant improvement with just this.
AVIA, VE, or any test tones won't be of much help to you without an SPL meter. I, personally, consider calibrating with one crucial....others don't. Decide for yoursef if it's worth the $40. Maybe you can borrow one if another member is local to you. I've lent mine out to some people local to me. Here's a couple of links for you.
http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/Sub-woofer-Set-Up/
Link Removed
--Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks