What's new

More layoffs from The House Of Mouse: Disney will close its Japan Animation Facility (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Yahoo! News/Reuters

The studio that has been largely responsible for spinoffs and sequels with major Disney characters for both Theatrical and Direct-To-Video releases is being closed as the powers that be try to cut costs.

While I feel sorry for the animators who will be losing jobs, I can't feel sorry for Eisner and the people who have driven Disney into the ground, and are making creative artists suffer for it. I've never been one for Disney aftermarket sequels and other Direct-To-Video fare (after my first experience with Return Of Jafar), but I hope that we can someday see another rennaissance for hand-drawn animation, which Disney appears to be abandoning after the failure of Treasure Planet.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I didn't even know that they HAD an animation studio in Japan. Surprised it wasn't someplace like Korea...

Jason

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
If this means no more lousy sequels, I say wonderful.

As a huge Disney fan, I hated to see the greed creep in on Lion King 2, Jungle Book 2, Little Mermaid 2, etc.

Horrible, just horrible blatant money projects with no redeeming artistic value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks