What's new

more inputs, am i dreaming? (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i'm looking at purchasing a pioneer elite vsx-45tx soon, and i found a picture of the back panel, and i think i may need more video inputs. heres what i want to control with it-

---tv
---dvd player - s-video and toslink
---ps2 and n64 - ps2 with s-video and toslink, n64 with composite, will go on same input
---ld player, s-video, toslink
---vcr

ill be using a few audio components too, but i think there will be enough inputs for them. without stepping up to the 47tx (which is not a possibility) or using splitters/switch boxes, is there another unit i can look at, around the same price range, that i can look at? i realize i may be kidding myself. but i hope there is, any help is greatly appreciated. btw, why does a receiver need the tv composite and s-video inputs? hopefully its just a brain fart for me, but i cant think of any reason why.

CJ

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Christ,

It would be easier to help you if you told us what a ps2 and n64 is.

btw, why does a receiver need the tv composite and s-video inputs? hopefully its just a brain fart for me, but i cant think of any reason why.
Because not all home theater equipment (especially televisions and VCR’s) has both composite and S-video connections.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

SvenS

Second Unit
guess my question was, why do you need to send the video signal of the tv to the receiver at all?
You don't! In fact it's best to avoid going through the receiver if at all possible with your video signal. The only reason you would want to go through the receiver's video ports is if you don't have enough video inputs on you TV and you require the video switching in the receiver to solve the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks