What's new

More Herzog & Polanski on the way! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just a heads-up:

June 3rd sees the release of Werner Herzog's Invincible (a film I very much want to see) and Roman Polanski's Bitter Moon and Death and the Maiden. Not his most-wanted-on-DVD titles, but they're still good. :)

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I wish I'd seen Invincible when I was in California last September. The DVD's taking really long. Well, hopefully I'll be able to find it in my burg.

Mark

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
A shame that New Line didn't spring for extras on either, especially since Herzog and Polanski have both been happy to do commentaries for other DVD's and LD's. An opportunity missed, I think...

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Does anyone know why Polanski's TESS or REPULSION are taking so long to get to DVD?

Is it rights, or just 'all things in good time'...?

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Always good to hear that more Polanski films are being released on DVD. What a coincedence that I perused over this thread tonight...as I type this we've got a rental DVD of Death and the Maiden in the house, which I definitely enjoyed because of Sigourney Weaver's and Ben Kingsley's performances.

However SteveGon, your thread title got my hopes up that maybe...finally, a DVD release had been announced for The Fearless Vampire Killers! But alas, woe is me (and the countless other fans of this overlooked but highly entertaining cult film) :frowning:

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
I was just thinking about this...why HAVEN'T they released Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD? (Who owns it? MGM?) Especially since it seems to be the year of Polanski, and many of his films have come out already. Turner Classic Movies showed Fearless Vampire Killers last week in widescreen, and it was a revelation how beautiful it looked--much better than my P&S VHS tape. I now love the movie even more.

Jeff

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Does anyone know why Polanski's TESS or REPULSION are taking so long to get to DVD?

Is it rights, or just 'all things in good time'...?
Not sure about Tess, but Anchor Bay just recently released Repulsion in Region 2 and supposedly the quality is very good.

Jeff

Jeff Kuykendall

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Repulsion Region 2 and it is a fantastic transfer. It also has Polanski commentary and a nice, short documentary on the making of the film.

I haven't gotten to Cul-de-sac yet, but I'm really enjoying the Roman Polanski U.K. box set. Worth getting a region-free DVD player for this.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks