More Herzog & Polanski on the way!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by SteveGon, Mar 19, 2003.

1. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Just a heads-up:

June 3rd sees the release of Werner Herzog's Invincible (a film I very much want to see) and Roman Polanski's Bitter Moon and Death and the Maiden. Not his most-wanted-on-DVD titles, but they're still good. [​IMG]

2. Mark Palermo

Mark Palermo Second Unit

I wish I'd seen Invincible when I was in California last September. The DVD's taking really long. Well, hopefully I'll be able to find it in my burg.

Mark

3. Anthony Thorne

Anthony Thorne Supporting Actor

A shame that New Line didn't spring for extras on either, especially since Herzog and Polanski have both been happy to do commentaries for other DVD's and LD's. An opportunity missed, I think...

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Well good news, even if there are no extras.

5. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Does anyone know why Polanski's TESS or REPULSION are taking so long to get to DVD?

Is it rights, or just 'all things in good time'...?

6. John Fleming

John Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Always good to hear that more Polanski films are being released on DVD. What a coincedence that I perused over this thread tonight...as I type this we've got a rental DVD of Death and the Maiden in the house, which I definitely enjoyed because of Sigourney Weaver's and Ben Kingsley's performances.

However SteveGon, your thread title got my hopes up that maybe...finally, a DVD release had been announced for The Fearless Vampire Killers! But alas, woe is me (and the countless other fans of this overlooked but highly entertaining cult film) [​IMG]

7. Jeff Kuykendall

Jeff Kuykendall Stunt Coordinator

I was just thinking about this...why HAVEN'T they released Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD? (Who owns it? MGM?) Especially since it seems to be the year of Polanski, and many of his films have come out already. Turner Classic Movies showed Fearless Vampire Killers last week in widescreen, and it was a revelation how beautiful it looked--much better than my P&S VHS tape. I now love the movie even more.

Jeff

8. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

9. Matt.Koz

Matt.Koz Stunt Coordinator

Matt Kozlowski

10. Jeff Kuykendall

Jeff Kuykendall Stunt Coordinator

I have the Repulsion Region 2 and it is a fantastic transfer. It also has Polanski commentary and a nice, short documentary on the making of the film.

I haven't gotten to Cul-de-sac yet, but I'm really enjoying the Roman Polanski U.K. box set. Worth getting a region-free DVD player for this.

Jeff