What's new

More good news for TV on DVD... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>No Ma'am rules! I bought a friend of mine a No Ma'am T-Shirt for his birthday last year. Nobody 'got it' except him and I.
>
I got one a few years ago, and don't remember what happened to it. Need to find a way to order another one.
I was afraid to wear it in public, because if you don't watch the show, who knows what it means ;). They should have two versions, one with a big MWC logo on the front, and one without :).

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
They have to do it right with season sets and tons of extras. Maby a few cast commentaries here and there for the better episodes.
I'll just settle for the episodes themselves with good audio/video. They must be presented in broadcast order though, season-by-season. If some cast/crew members will want to provide commentaries here and there, that would be just icing of the cake. I doubt there would be any extras other than what is already produced, such as the handful of TV half-hour specials. TV spots may still be lying around. I doubt there'd be deleted scenes; I'd be surprised if there were.

Basically, if it's bare-bones - I'll be happy as punch. Extras? Euphoria.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
An addendum:

The so-called "Lost Show" should probably NOT be presented in broadcast order, since it never was shown on US TV, and only premiered this year on FX. Instead they should place it at an appropriate slot when it whould've aired originally. I don't recall the season when that was though, but I think it was early on.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hey this is Columbia releasing MWC it'll be bare bones believe it. They are the King of the Season 1 so it'll probably one release and out.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Hey this is Columbia releasing MWC it'll be bare bones believe it. They are the King of the Season 1 so it'll probably one release and out.
How do any of us know if Columbia is working on the other seasons of their shows? The only season discs I own from Columbia is All In The Family: The Complete First Season. Columbia will probably bring out the other Seasons of All In The Family & their other shows. The main/ biggest problem is that Columbia is very tight-lipped about their products. Columbia has a very strict company policy about not announcing products until they (Columbia) are going to bring the product out. For example, All In The Family: The Complete First Season came out on March 26, 2002. So the other seasons will probably come out on DVD, it's just that Columbia will not tell us whether or not they are coming out because of their strict company policy (Columbia will only announce it when it is going to be coming out. Usually the products are announce weeks before the product comes out)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Isn't anybody else excited about "Emergency"?? This is far and away the title that excites me the most from this information. Bring on Station 51!!!
You're not the only one. The problem is, there was another thread dedicated to the Universal releases where all of our joy was expressed. :)
I'm mainly looking forward to Emergency!, but I also want a few others like Quantum Leap. Beyond that, I'll probably get all of the Jack Webb productions. I hope Adam-12 is in the works.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
Can't wait for the first season of dawsons creek, will be picking that up when it comes out in the spring

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Great news for "Slider" fans, now if only the studios could decide on releasing more current tv shows a la "24". I would love to see Roswell and especially "Alias" on dvd. I just started watching the first season on tape, although I missed the first episode. Too bad "The Bourne Indentity" wasn't as good and suspenseful.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine who works in a comic shop said that in their latest catalog (I'm not sure which one) they were taking orders for DVD Season One of The A-Team, with a release date of January.

Anybody know anything definite about this?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine who works in a comic shop said that in their latest catalog (I'm not sure which one) they were taking orders for DVD Season One of The A-Team, with a release date of January.

Anybody know anything definite about this?
Anything's possible, but I doubt it. Not one of the titles in Universal's original TV-to-DVD initiative Press Release, and not in their database of press materials today. I can't see a comic book catalog already listing this - at least not an R1 version - without Universal having info available elsewhere.

OTOH, isn't it one of the titles that Columbia House offers to their members? Perhaps its a deal like I Love Lucy, where the studio snaps the rubberband and says "thank you veddy veddy much, but I'll take that back now!". Anything's possible.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I am sooooo excited about the announcement for MWC!! I'm also awaiting Quantum Leap, Sliders, and of course Home Improvement. Man, next year will be very expensive for me! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks