What's new

More good news for TV on DVD... (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
David L, I still picture you as Al Bundy from your old-school signature in the days pre-roundup link :) I wonder if people picture me as an anemic 1-6 football team? :)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Home Improvement! That would be excellent if this show makes it onto DVD (season-by-season format only). I love Tim Allen's comedy & I would defiantly buy Home Improvement season-by-season DVD's.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can't get to the article. It says "error occured while processing directive."
I think they have a problem that is likely to be fixed bright and early Monday morning. Check back mid-to-late morning and you should be able to see it; that's my guess.
As for Home Improvement and Golden Girls: I think that the statements in the article should be interpreted as "we have these and yes we COULD bring them out on DVD". Noone in that article is claiming they are scheduled. OTOH, I had an inside word last summer that HI *could* hit in 2003. So the fact that it gets mentioned here bodes well...very well, indeed. I'm through acting coy about that hint; it's been months. Bring it on, I say!
Tom, I'm no Al Bundy. I have a better job and a worse physique. But, my wife is not so much like Peggy Bundy at all, so thank God for that! :eek:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Now Miami Vice I REALLY want. I haven't had cable in years, so I've seen it only once or twice since it went off the air! (WKRP I can wait for--I've seen every episode at least 3 or 4 times anyway. :D)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Can't read the article. Did they mention any time-frames, or was it just "we may release these at a future date sometime"? I *REALLY* want Married with Children season sets, whatever it costs!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Will Boy Meets World have the very special Joss WHedon episode?
According to his IMDB entry, Joss directed an episode. This is news to him, and he finds it rather amusing :)
:D

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
First I hear that the 2 Disc E.T. DVD has the original 1982 edition on it, now Married...With Children may be coming out also. This has been a great week! Good things are supposed to come in threes, so look for George Lucas to announce the original Star Wars Trilogy (non-special edition, of course) for release on DVD later this week. :D

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I still want to see Boy Meets World and Wonder Years on DVD as well.
These are two more that I'd love to see on DVD. :emoji_thumbsup:
Although I assume the first one is practical to release to DVD, but not as in demand as the second one, which seems like it'd be a pain for music rights and would be a disappointment to get with music changed like the two Laserlight releases.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
How many eps are there in the 1st season of MWC? I only watched this show sporadically but really liked all the Ones I saw. You know a show is breaking new ground when an ep sticks with you. I remember the one where the family stayed inthe Frozen food aisle of the Supermarket, that and when Al had to Sneak the Late library bookback on the shelf. Funny Stuff. I do think it stayed on a bit too long I Saw a few of the finalseasons and it had definately lost something. Whatcha think dave what are some of the best seasons ?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I Saw a few of the finalseasons and it had definately lost something. Whatcha think dave what are some of the best seasons ?
Hmmm...things were usually dead-on every show, with few exceptions, for the first 4-5 seasons. About the time Jefferson Darcy showed up ("Married...with Who?") in the first show of '91 (halfway through the 5th season), it was definately hit-or-miss for each episode. Nothing wrong with Ted McGinley or any of the cast or crew; it was just that they obviously had a shortage of ideas.
Yet some of the very BEST ideas came late in the series. The 3-part show in England. Kelly in Hollywood wasn't bad. The one with Gary Coleman as the driveway inspector. The Psycho Dad stuff. The one that ends with Al (and kids?) dreaming about the future: walking through a toxic waste infested park. The one where one of Kelly's slutty friends gets Bud in the VR sex program.
But best of all, the entire No Ma'am set of episodes. Great stuff, there!
I will get it all, myself...if Columbia has the guts to bring 'em. Let's rock.
On, and the # of episodes in Season 1? 13, naturally! :laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yikes Dave Columbia Owns this. Will it be one season and out like All in the Family?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks