What's new

More Fox Noir in September, including Boomerang (1 Viewer)

Paladin

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
I wonder if Fox will pull Boomerang! again? I was hoping Fox might release The Locket and Undercurrent (1946) in the next film noir wave. And if they want to stretch the limits of noir why not release Blood on the Moon?

BradleyS

Stunt Coordinator

None of the films you mention are Fox titles. I'm very happy to see Fox is continuing the series, though.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I assume Boomerang! will still be spine #16 in the series. They should release a 4th title this time to keep the series "waves" in multiples of three. Not that it matters though.

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham

I also was wondering about this. A 4th title would be great. I was able to buy "Boomerang" at Borders during the first semi-aborted release, thanks to information posted on here.

However Fox does it, I will be grateful for more noir. :)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I see 'Boomerang' is the old-style off kilter artwork (easily explained by the fact that they have piles of them from the original pressing waiting for the issues to be resolved); DVD Pacific has both 'Moontide' and 'Road House' on pre-order, but no 'Boomerang'.

Will it? Won't it? Kinda thrilling ain't it....

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
From the info on the site that features the artwork, it indicates that all 3 titles will have a collection of "Fox Noir" trailers; and among those trailers, the only one that hasn't yet been released on DVD is Roy Ward Baker's color noir, INFERNO (1953, originally released in 3-D), starring Robert Ryan, Rhonda Fleming and William Lundigan.

Though not necessarily indicative of an imminent release (for instance, some "Fox War" titles a couple of years ago had the trailer for DESTINATION GOBI included, and that film is still MIA in R1), I wonder if INFERNO is on tap for a potential "Fox Noir, Wave 10" release, maybe with MAN HUNT (considering it has been announced and cancelled a couple of times already) and VIOLENT SATURDAY. A commentary or interview with Rhonda Fleming would be most welcome, if it does come to pass. We shall see...

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Today's issue of Video Business states that Fox's Film Noir Wave 9 consists of "Inferno, presented in its original 3D format, stars Robert Ryan and Rhonda Fleming in a twisted tale of deception and infidelity; in Moontide, evil is brewing; Road House is about a twisted love triangle. All street Sept. 2, prebook July 29..."

Boomerang isn't mentioned.

I've drawn attention to Roy Ward Baker's Inferno (1953) here and elsewhere and advocated a field-sequential 3-D release of this state-of-the-art stereoscopic film. I do wish Video Business had explained what they meant by "in its original 3-D format" on a DVD. Must be a mistake.

All other sources say Boomerang.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks