What's new

More Elvis on the way! (1 Viewer)

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I have not seen any mention of this previously, I was wondering if Warner has vaulted the Elvis whipping scene that was cut from "Jailhouse Rock". I saw a still of it in an old issue of Films and Filming.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Is there any word on "This Is Elvis" coming to DVD anytime soon? I saw this great movie in the theater upon its release in the early 80s. Since then I've seen watered down versions on the Disney Channel, on LD and on VHS, but all the good parts (Elvis using curse words, and the mature themed things he says) have been completely cut out. I doubt we'll ever see the complete version ever released to DVD, though I really wish someone would one day release it as it ran in theaters.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"He just sang all his dialogue.

'We gotta win this race.'

'Hey, Elvis, want some lemonade?'

'Lemonade...That cool refreshing drink'".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I saw the news about "Eddie Murphy: Delerious" and then I saw this. I just couldn't resist.

ryanCollins

Stunt Coordinator
there is supposed to be a special edition of viva las vegas and jailhouse rock coming out.
i hope wb restores the whipping scene uncensored you can see the whole scene nothing cut out. like on past releases all you can see is everything above his neck not below it like on a 83 vhs release.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I wish they'd release "This Is Elvis" on DVD already. That is bar none my favorite biopic on Elvis Presley. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if it were to ever become available.

Aki K

Agent

In Europe, at least, the following appears to be coming out in August:
Charro!, Kissin' Cousins, Girl Happy, Live a Little, Love a Little, Stay Away, Joe as single disc editions.
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (2-disc special edition with original and 2001 edition), This is Elvis (2-disc edition with the theather version 101mins and video version 147 mins with more unreleased(?) material. )

Deluxe-editions
Jailhouse Rock (Extras: The scene that stole Jailhouse Rock + trailer)
Viva Las Vegas (Extras: Kingdom: Elvis in Vegas + trailer)

No Tickle Me and Elvis On Tour. I wonder how this ties up with the Warner chat announcement...?

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
This appears on MoviesUnlimited DVD news:

ELVIS HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING: For the 30th anniversary of his death, Elvis is coming to life—on DVD, that is. Several companies are planning releases of the film, concert, and documentary variety featuring the King.

MGM has a four-disc Elvis Gift Set that includes: Follow That Dream (1961), with Elvis and father Arthur O’Connell taking care of three orphans; Kid Galahad (1962), in which Presley plays a mechanic-turned-boxer battling seedy Charles Bronson; Frankie And Johnny (1966), with Elvis and Donna Douglas as battling lovers on a 19th century riverboat; and Clambake (1967), with the King as a bored Texas oil heir changing his occupation to water-skiing instructor.

Warner has the Elvis Film Collection, six hunka-hunka burning discs of Elvis flicks: Kissin’ Cousins (1964), with Elvis is dual roles as an Air Force flyer and his hillbilly cousin; Tickle Me (1965), in which he’s a crooner who takes a job at a health ranch; Girl Happy (1965), with Presley getting down at spring break in Ft. Lauderdale and watching mobster daughter Shelley Fabares—a little too closely; Stay Away, Joe (1968) with the King as a Native-American trying to get government aid for his people; Live A Little, Love A Little (1968), in which photographer Elvis juggles jobs at a girlie magazine and a conservative newspaper; and Charro! (1969), a western with Presley as a reformed gunslinger framed by outlaws for stealing a cannon from the Mexican government.

Toss in newly restored and remastered editions of Jailhouse Rock (1957) and Viva Las Vegas (1964), a double-disc special edition of Elvis: That's The Way It Is (1970) with never-before-seen performance footage, and the DVD debut of This Is Elvis (1981) in a double-disc edition that includes both the theatrical and extended TV cuts, and you'll be saying "Thank y' verrimush!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks