What's new

more doggie problems (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I did, it was normal except for a low specific gravity. Guess I had forgotten about that.

It's pretty dilute, tough to say how dilute but pretty nearly clear.

I did get a 30day supply of PPO.
She wants to take another urine same via needle this time, and send it out to be analyzed, then look at getting some xrays or an ultrasound done.
She hasn't rang the bell to go out in a couple hours, so I'm pretty Ok with it right now. She hasn't leaked either.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Bladder problems are often a sign of stress. Do you have a hectic schedule that constantly gets in the way of the dog's daily routine? Are there times when you'll go a few days without seeing your dog because you're away on business or whatever? Is your home subject to loud noises, like coming from near by construction?

As others have said, ration the water. Put a quota on how much your dog is allowed to drink per x number of hours.

Have you considered that maybe your dog just hasn't been properly house broken? It sounds like she knows she's not supposed to go in the house, but has an attitude that she wants to go whenever, and if you're not there to let her out, well, at least she warned you. My dog used to be like this. She would whine all the time indicating that she wanted to go outside to pee. She never did much, so eventually we began ignoring her whining. After a month or so she got the message to only tell us that she needed to go when she really needed to go, and that there were certain hours of the day when she was guaranteed bathroom time.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
No, not stressfull and someone is home 24 hours a day for the most part.

She trained, it's not a training issue, it's a "I gotta go every 20 minutes real bad" issue. She goes every time she wants out, a couple of cups worth.

I don't feel you can ration water for two dogs logistically.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Well, if the dog is putting out a couple cups every hour, it sounds like she is clearly drinking too much. I imagine it would be an infection if she wanted to go all the time, despite how little actually came out (but I'm no vet).

How about trying designated drinking times. You pour the water, the dog has 5 minutes to drink it, and then you toss whatever is left. That way you can prevent one dog from drinking another dog's water. Do this 3 or 4 times a day, like during meals and after walks.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
No infection. She was on a 10 day regiment of penicillin when I first started this.

She drinks a bit, but nothing excessive. I still think it's a problem with her not concentrating her urine but I dunno. Neither does my vet (who in the past has been very good)

Between the two dogs they drink a 3 gallon thing of water every 3-4 days. They eat 10 pounds of dog food a week too

so far I'm seeing good improvement on the PPO. The frequent pee thing I think is seperate from the leaking a lot around the house thing.

hah, maybe I spoke too soon *KLANG* hey you guys *KLANG* *KLANG* You *KLANG* guys *KLANG*

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
ugh. I give up.
this dog has been nothing but trouble and expense from day 1. Either she's going to become an outdoor dog, or she's going to be moving on to a new home.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
^ I'm sorry to hear that. In February of last year, I bought a Basset Hound pup, and he wreaked havoc for months. Did it ever take a lot of patience! I adore dogs though, so I wouldn't have been able to give him up if I tried. :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Bummer Philip, good luck though. I just had to do one of the worst things ever. Had to put my older Dalmatian, Angel, down two weeks ago. She was nearly 13, had a great life and blessed ours richly. Here's a pick of the late Angel (the less spotted one) and Gumball.

Here's a pic of Gumball, the trouble maker.

I finally had to kick Gumball out of the house due to her mischievousness. Jumping on the counters, eating the house plants, chewing up the kids toys...etc. I built her a dog house in the garage, for now. When she gets older I'll get her back into the house but for now she is 100% outside.

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Has your vet taken an x-ray of the bladder? Over the last couple of weeks my dog started taking longer to pee than she used too. Watched her a few days to make sure it just wasn't a one time deal. Took her to the vet, along with a sample. Turns out that she has bladder stones & urinary tract infection. She is to be operated on Good Friday to remove the stones. The problem has gotten worse over the week or so that we found the problem. She wants to go out every couple of hours. She will pee, run a few feet & pee again. She does this 4,5,6 times. Don't know if she is actually going or it just feels like to her that she still has to go.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
sorry to hear that ron.
I'd like to kick piper out, but charlie, my springer is a complete angel in the house and I can't have one in and one out, guess they both get the boot.

We know it's not a UTI brad, she was on a 2 week regiment of antibiotics that would have killed that. She's not having trouble going, she runs out and before she even stops moving she's spraying urine like a damn firehose.. then goes for 20-30 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks