More Discs For Dawson's Creek Season 2?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kieran Brown, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Kieran Brown

Kieran Brown Agent

Dawson's Creek Season 2 was released last year in America, and now on the 23rd of June 2004 it will be released in Australia but here it looks like we get it on 6 discs, and not 4 discs like it is for region 1.

So that pretty much is really good news for region 4 and hopefully is really good 'hope' that the same will happen for Season 3, maybe Columbia Tristar saw all the mess that happened when Season 2 got released in America and have changed for the better. I hope so. Especially for seasons 3-6 of which seasons 3-5 have an extra episode (23 episodes) and season 6 has 2 extra episodes (24 episodes).
    It should be a good set, not sure on the special features, but it looks like the picture might be better for region 4 since the 22 episodes are spread out over 6 discs.

[​IMG]

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I hate to say this, but the word from Columbia TriStar is still 4 discs for this set....and season 3 contained 23 episodes!

I can picture it now: 5 episodes, 6 episodes, 6 episodes, 6 episodes.

BLAH!

Gord

3. Kieran Brown

Kieran Brown Agent

That's so mean and strange what Columbia Tristar is doing in America.

I don't understand why though. Like this could mean America could get all crappy sets of Dawson's Creek (picture wise anyway) if they choose to release them on 4 disc sets. Especially for the last 4 seasons which have 23-24 episodes.
    What I don't get is why Australia is getting Season 2 as a 6 disc set. It's a good thing of course, but if they keep releasing them as 4 disc sets in region 1 then that's not very good when it appears that region 4 will get at least 6 disc sets. I hope they change their minds, everyone should be able to enjoy the show in good quality format, not all squashed into a set and chucked on the shelf like the world is ending or something.

Who knows, Only time will tell. They might actually show us they've smartened up and are releasing it on a bigger disc sets. Hmmm...