What's new

Directors MORE DIRECTORS CHECKLIST SERIES - Volume #230 - The Films of ALAIN RESNAIS (1 Viewer)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
UPDATED:

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Muriel, or the Time of Return[/COLOR] (1963)

Seen 13
Own 5

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I know Alain thought I haven't seen him in a while. He used to shop comics at the store I worked in 25 years ago. We spent hours discussing James Cameron and Terminator 2 / True Lies. He is a total nut of comics and action movies, believe it or not. His culture and knowledge of what we call "geek culture" is huge, while still being an expert in the other more "respected" areas of culture (great writers, painters, poets etc).

His memory is so sharp he beats me up everytime. I can't even compare when it comes to the great french writers subject which I'm passionate about (Balzac, Victor Hugo etc.).

When one of his films would air on TV and I would see him the next week, he would literaly spend 20mn+ answering all my questions and giving anecdotes on the writing, alternate endings he thought off too late etc. It was literaly like having your own audio commentary with the director live.

He once told me he shopped at WH Smith in Paris when he was a kid, and one day found there Action Comics #1 (first Superman appearance) on the racks. He had only money to buy Dick Tracy which he was collecting, and hesitated between both. He then bought the Dick Tracy comic. When he came back a few days later with enough money for Action Comics #1, it was gone. He stills kicks himself to this day having missed buying that issue :)

Sorry for digressing. It just gives a different slant on his filmography.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks