More denon 3802 questions.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd smith, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

The more I learn about these receivers the more questions I have. I want to be able to record dvd soundtracks (concert dvd's) to cd (plan on buying a cd recorder eventualy). q1 What method of recording from dvd to cd will give me the best qulity recording? (analog, digital, other) q2 What recording methods will the denon 3802 do for this purpose? Depending on these answers I might have a few more questions. Thanks.

2. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Todd,

Might want to go to the Denon site and look at the specs/manual and see if that helps....Mike

3. Robby

Robby Auditioning

Sorry, but you can not copy DVD onto CD. It's copy protected.

4. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

So are you telling me it is phsically imposible or that it is moraly wrong? I am not trying to be a smart ass I just dont know enough about the technology. So can no receivers do this?

5. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

I think you can do it from the rca outs on the Denon; some computer programs will do this function. Todd, I love my 3802. It's all about how much painless cash you have. I still think the 5es is better for you at that price since you are planning on never being satisfied with your setup. You can do more with a 5es. The 3802 is for people like me. Plug and play. Now the 3200 is only a little more, come on and spend some more. Go somewhere and play with the Sony. If you need lots of clean power the JVC 10 will knock your socks off. And then there is the 989(wow) !! It's only a little more than the 3200.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Come on TODD, Get the 3200. We need a review on this unit. You know you will die without the 3200. Assimilate to the 3200, resistance is futile!