More DEAD Movies ...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Colton, May 20, 2004.

1. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

Los Angeles-based Aurora Entertainment Corp. greenlighting back-to-back shooting in Romania on the fourth and fifth sequels to the Return of the Living Dead series. Veteran thesp Peter Coyote will star.

- Colton

2. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Is Romero writing/directing?

3. BretWeaver

BretWeaver Stunt Coordinator

Romero has never had anything to do with the "return" series... they were 80s-90s spoofs on zombie movies.

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Satires more like it, they took the formula more seriously (maybe not part 2) than an actual spoof.

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

My bad! :b

6. BretWeaver

I dont know how seriously you can take it when the zombies call on the radio to "send more cops"... followed by a nuclear artillery attack... while entertaining, I wouldn't say they took any particualr formula seriously [​IMG]

7. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

The zombie renaissance continues! We are living in such a great age. I feel truly blessed.

Seriously, though, I love the first one in this series. Maybe it will be watchable. For all the fuss over "fast-moving" zombies in the new Dawn of the Dead movie and 28 Days Later, this one did it first.

8. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott

True. I was living in Louisville at the time of this attack and don't remember it happening. [​IMG]

***Actually, my friends and I watched this at a very young age (around 6 I think) and went to school the next day asking our teachers about the nuclear blast in Louisville that killed all the zombies. Our parents got a phone call over this.

9. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Well, I just mean they're still pretty serious.

It's like calling SCREAM a spoof. It's not a spoof at all, it's a satire. Scary Movie is a spoof. IMHO

10. Todd H

Todd H Go Dawgs!

Todd
    And yet George Romero STILL can't get his next Dead movie made. [​IMG] C'mon Hollywood!!

11. BretWeaver

I personally like the fast moving zombies. I understand that in the Romero classics it was symbolic for the zombies to be sluggish, mindless consumers (the films were a social commentary about consumerism) but I think that the fast moving zombies are just as scary and are great for the film. In the new "Dawn of the Dead" I dont think there was any illusion of the origionals social satire... in the origional they filmed it at the very first enclosed mall in north america I believe... yet another play against consumerism. Now adays, zombie movies are just cool fun! I think this is just another case of the purists holding on just to say they're purists [​IMG]

12. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

IMO, Zombie movies shouldn't be made with social criticism in mind, but solely because of blood and gore. Maybe that's why I dislike Romero's zombie movies but love the "return" series, Resident evil and other gory ones... [​IMG]

13. Matthew_Def

Matthew_Def Stunt Coordinator

Just because Romero puts some social commentary in his films, which is very ignorable, that makes you not like his films? Day of the Dead still has some of the best FX I've ever seen. Just a beautifully gory film. Much better and more gory than say Resident Evil, which barely has any. Romero released those in a time when people were more likely to put unrated films out, so he was free to do whatever and he did. Plus having Tom Savini helped.

I love the first 2 Return of the Living Dead films, Zombie, as well as Resident Evil, and most recently Shaun of the Dead, but Romero is tops for me. He creates a beautiful balance and just makes incredibly entertaining zombie flicks.

14. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

Dang, for a second I thought the thread title was referring to Evil Dead 4. Maybe one day...

15. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

No I just think they have too much ignorable content and too few zombies blown into obliteration, that's all. When I watch a zombie movie, I want to see zombies get crushed - preferably a lot! [​IMG]

16. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    We've been hearing about these "Return.." sequels for a while now and nothing has come of them.

When/if they do get made, they'll no doubt be direct-to-video crap that have absolutely nothing in common with the original other than sharing the title.