1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

More David Attenborough docus?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Aaron, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Sean Aaron

Sean Aaron Second Unit

Sean Aaron
    I notice that Life of Birds is available and the recent (and excellent) Blue Planet is coming to R2, but what about earlier nature documentaries?
    I hope I'm not alone in stating that for me David Attenborough reinvented the nature documentary with amazingly intimate displays of animals in their native environments. The Living Planet and subsequent Life on Earth were watershed events in the genre and eminently deserving of preservation on DVD.
    Does anyone know if the BBC plan on releasing these? I wouldn't think they'd have a R1 release because they're old BBC shows broadcast on PBS nearly 20 years ago, but I can't imagine they wouldn't find an audience in the UK.
    Sean Aaron

2. Ushabye

Ushabye Projectionist

Paul
    They will most cetainly get released on DVd on some stage. I delibertly didn't watch Blue Planet recently so as to wait for the DVD for a few christmas nights viewing.
    The BBC remastered The Living Planet for a video release some years ago, redoing all the animations with vastly improved cgi. So I would imagine the same may be done for other early series as they are put on DVD. Though Living Planet and Life on Earth featured plenty of animation, that would not be a problem with Life in the Freezer for example (my favorite!).

3. Angsty

Angsty Stunt Coordinator

Mmmmmm,
    Can you imagine if they were available in DD5.1 or even DTS (!). All those jungle/forest/sea sounds, coming out from multiple speakers all around you - you'd be jumpy or constantly looking over your shoulder at each sound [​IMG]
    I'd pay for that [​IMG]
    Angela