What's new

More Classic Warners Releases... (1 Viewer)

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
THE HUNGER is part of the Turner library. I am told Warner will be releasing it on DVD a few months down the line...

INCHON was only distributed by MGM, with the rights to this cinematic masterpiece reverting to Rev. Moon (whose church financed it...)virtually a few months after its theatrical release....

It definitely does not belong to Turner, Warner or MGM/UA.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Bruce,
Warner's just struck a new 65MM print of "Ryan's Daughter" which screened at the Acamedy last Friday. My guess is that a DVD release will soon follow.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Thank you, Mr. Rollins...it's good to have a definitive answer on that one.

I have one more Warner question to ask: Does Warner have any plans to release "Electric Dreams", "The Ice Pirates" or "Reckless" within the next year?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I don't mean to ask so much...I'm just an admirer of Warner's DVD work.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Apparently, "A Little Romance" will now be a Special Edition with Diane Lane giving interviews etc. Confirmed by Warner.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Here's the Warner press release for ALR:

A LITTLE ROMANCE – Diane Lane (Unfaithful, A Walk on the Moon, The Cotton Club, The Perfect Storm) makes her
movie debut as a lonely, gifted teen on a whirlwind romantic adventure set in Europe. Also starring Sir Laurence Olivier
(Hamlet, Wuthering Heights, Clash of the Titans, The Marathon Man), A LITTLE ROMANCE explores the innocent joy in
finding a soul mate and the excitement created by forbidden love. Directed by George Roy Hill (The Sting, Butch Cassidy
and the Sundance Kid), the film received an Academy Award® for Best Original Score for George Delerue’s enchanting
music.

CAST:
Diane Lane, Laurence Olivier, Arthur Hill, Thelonious Bernard, Sally Kellerman

DIRECTOR:
George Roy Hill

DVD special features include:

A Conversation with Diane Lane documentary
Retro artwork gallery featuring stills of release posters
Production notes
Theatrical trailer
Cast and crew
and more...

In addition, the DVD will be offered for the first-time in a fully remastered widescreen format [16x9 2.35:1]. It will also include
English and French (dubbed in Quebec) languages and subtitles in English, French and Spanish.

Release date: January 7th, 2003.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Glenn Erickson, the DVD Savant, has a very nice essay on Mildred Pierce up now. Sounds like Warner Bros. did a nice job on one of my more highly anticipated titles of 2003. ( There are some spoilers, for those who haven't seen the film, in the middle of the review. )
Looking forward to retiring the Laserdisc, given Glenn's comments about the A/V restoration.
- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks