What's new

More $5.88 Warners titles spotted at Wal-Marts (1 Viewer)

SusanO

Agent
...among them I have seen 'Barbarians at The Gate' 'Before Sunrise' and the original 'Major League' along with the return of 'Logan's Run'
There are some other new ones but I forgot to note them all down ;)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That must be Major League 2 or Major League 3. The original is being released by Paramount on 9/24 with a $25 MSRP (with NO extras, not even a trailer).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott, I've seen the Major League 2 in the $5.88 bin at the Wal-Mart in East Greenbush. That's probably what it was.

SusanO

Agent
You all are right - it was Major League Back To The Minors (was that #3???) Anyhow there were several dozen titles from the really old pan and scam $5.88 titles of last year around Christmas (ie Private Benjamin & Protocol) to most of the titles they got in the last batch of $5.88 titles (ie Sweet Dreams, Pump Up The Volume, Fort Apache The Bronx, Liberty Heights, Mr. Wonderful, and Drop Dead Gorgeous to name a half dozen) to titles I had never seen before at $5.88 (Jackie Chan in Mr. Nice Guy, Barbarians at The Gate, Before Sunrise and some other studio's Trespass with Ice T. There were even titles from the second round of cheapies (like Corinna Corinna) that happened after Christmas but before this summer.
Like we don't have enough DVDs coming out this fall, but this could prove ruinous for those of us budgeting for box sets etc. Oh well, maybe some of our less addicted friends will do us a favor and buy 'em all (preferably as holiday gifts for us ;)

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Mike,
My dad got Back To The Minors at that Walmart about a week ago. He thought it was Major League when he bout it. I told him it was #3 (I think it is). I'm not sure if they have any more though.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
John...That's Mortal Kombat.

Oh, BTW, Stay Tuned is one of them, which is anamorphic widescreen.....I must pick it up. I love that movie.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
I happened to be at wal-mart today & noticed the $5.88 DVD sales rack.
I picked up Logan's Run.
I have searched the net (including here at HTF) looking for reviews with no luck.
I've been wondering about the transfer on this one for a while.
For this price it was easy to just give it a shot.

I have not watched this yet, but for those interested this is not just a bare bones title.
Also included are feature length commentary, documentary, & theatrical trailer.
Both OAR & hack ratio are included on here.
Crossing my fingers that the transfer is solid.
Hopefully I can check it out tomorrow.

Todd

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Stay Tuned? In Anamorphic Widescreen? Gotta have it...

However, is WalMart making money on these? They don't really deserve any of my money!

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks