What's new

Mordaunt Short vs B&W (1 Viewer)

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
What is the general consensus on how these two british speakers fare against each other? I would IDEALLY like to finish the rest of my HT with B&W speakers to match my DM602s but that would be pricey, and im worried about the DM602s not being enough for front speakers, I feel like the acceptable way to do things is floor standing fronts and bookshelf rears. I would be looking at the MS904 floor standing speakers and an MS504 center channel. The B&W alternatives are vastly more expensive ($700 at LEAST for the floor standing speakers). I know timbre matching for the fronts and center is impairative, but is it as much so for the rears? Let me know, I value your opinions greatly.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Have you listened to both?
I have no experience with B&W, but I do have the MS-906 fronts. They produce great bass with my Marantz SR-6200, enough that I don't need a sub with music, though I may end up buying one to enhance HT.
With proper amplification, I would imagine the 904's to be OK in the bass department with music, but not the best for HT without a sub.

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
I plan on getting an SVS 16-46 along with this purchse, that's why I picked the MS904 instead of the Ms906, I still may reconsider that and go with the 906s, I was basically seeing if the MS were on par with the B&W.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks