Moonlighting: The Series....November 2004

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
TSoD just posted an update on Moonlighting:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2780

All I can say is...YIPPEE!!!!!

Now, let's just hope that they can secure all the music rights for the remaining seasons... At least it sounds like they KNOW it matters, and they're trying their best to do it right or not at all... Major kudos to the decision-making "powers that be" on this one... I hope they can follow through and keep up the great work. If they do, they'll be an example which certain other companies should look to and follow. (Yes, I'm talking specifically about Quantum Leap S2 here. Still a major disappointment...)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Great news on this! Doing Seasons 1 and 2 at once would mean just one more necessary season left to buy.

The one question though is whether we should hold on to the Anchor Bay pilot DVD if the extras aren't going to be ported over into this release.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
My favorite show of the decade but hearing Lion's Gate gives me pause. Unlike Alf, this time I will not pre-order it and I will wait until the reviews come in.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Entertainment Tonight mentioned that Cybill Shepard is doing commentaries, they showed a little bit of her doing the commentaries and talking about Bruce

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
What ?

You mean Cybill Shepard does not have a big movie or tv show to do instead.

Easy to see who had the worst carear. Its the one doing audio commentaries.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
They didn't mention anything but that she might be doing another Martha Stewart Movie, probably a sequel to the first one she did.

It's good that she's participating in the release, that will make alot of fans happy

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Moonlighting is one of my top 5 all-time TV shows and I'm real excited that it is finally coming out on DVD! All the delays, since Bruce's announcement last year, have been very disappointing since Moonlighting is at the top of my short list of unreleased shows...

I'm also very pleased to learn that this release will encompass both Season 1 and 2, unlike Northern Exposure!

Moonlighting is as close to the classic screwball comedies of the 30s/40s as I've ever seen on the small screen. It's like the madcap stepchild of Preston Sturges, whose movies I HIGHLY recommend. (The Palm Beach Story was just released and is a great introduction to the work of this comedic genius.)

Most of what passes for screwball comedy these days I would classify as goofball comedy -- like the Stiller' comedies or the American Pie series.

I hope, after the first release, they put the following seasons of Moonlighting on the fast track!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

In all fairness, Bruce really jumped the gun by mentioning the sets were coming. There were still companies bidding on the project when he posted the "Nov" news to his site. Lions Gate didn't even announce that they licensed the show until a week or so ago. I've been told that the episodes are remastered, and look really, really good.

Gord

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chsblr