What's new

Moonlighting Season 3 - Feb 7, 2006 (1 Viewer)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Everyone has their own opinions but I find the later episodes to be excruciating to watch. The show had fallen into ruin by then. The chemistry, writing, acting were all subpar, to be kind. Some shows burn brightly and then implode which is what happened here. It's too bad that the show isn't currently in reruns because then we could at least see the later eps again so everyone could judge for themselves how they feel about them.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Diana -- some great interviews, Jay Daniel's is among the best I've read.

In answer to Jay_B -- Seasons 4 & 5 aren't near as good as Seasons 1,2 & 3, but they're still better than 90% of anything else you'll find on TV. Now or in the past.

Moonlighting is the only TV show that matches the antic wit and madcap insanity of the old Screwball Comedies. Preston Sturges would have loved Moonlighting -- and he took a dive at the end of his career, too.

Marc Harmmon was really good, as David's foil. And, while the later episodes were a little spotty -- some were still great. I wouldn't stop buying them at Season 3. I'm looking forward to 4 & 5; and, then I'll wish there were more!

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to the later seasons simply because I was never able to watch most of the episodes (particularly season 5) when they originally aired. They came on sometimes 2 and 3 weeks apart without reruns in the middle. I remember thinking more than once that the show had been cancelled, only to see another episode appear out of the blue again.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

While the show was in decline after Season 3, ABC really treated the show badly and essentially doomed it to failure and cancellation. Season 4 is when, I think, the show Roseanne started, and I remember being pissed that the network kept choosing to air THAT show over Moonlighting in the same time spot, often with little notice.

What was even more ironic is a line in a Season 4 ep of Moonlighting; David and Maddie are talking in the car about what's happened to them, and talk about being moved to Sunday nights if they didn't get their spark. Within a year, ABC moved the show....

...to Sunday nights at 9 PM.

I remember little about Seasons 4 and 5, other than absolutely hating the pregnancy and marriage storylines. I'm only speaking from memory, but I have a hard time calling these last two seasons better than 90% of what's out there. Seasons 1-3, yes, without a doubt. But the show's quality sank precipitously in the last two seasons, and never recovered.

I'm hoping to get Season 3 soon, but will NOT be getting Seasons 4 and 5.

Now if only they'd release Season 3 of Mad About You....

billGR

Agent
hi everyone good morning i just finished watching moonlighting season 3 dvd set it was awesome. the documentary was wonderful. i like they did a tribute to charles rocket who played dave addison brother . i give this set a A+++ thanks bill :) :) :)

CynthiaH

Agent
I just got my DVD in the mail the other day, and I was also missing an insert. I saw that one person upthread was in the same position-anyone else?

Just wondering what the best method is of getting one-if it's really widespread, sometimes the studio will get involved, but if I'm just one of an unlucky few, I can just do an exchange with Amazon.

VirdenEMT

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Chacun
I received this set from Amazon.ca and it was missing the insert book. I contacted amazon and they just sent out another set (very quickly, at no cost) and it was also missing the insert book.
Should I contact Lion's Gate??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks