What's new

Moonlighting - Jeremy Irons/Jerzy Skolimowski (1 Viewer)

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Something tells me this will show up as one of those Universal Studio Classics budget releases. It was originally released by Universal Classics, the first time the studios experimented with foreign/indie offshoot labels (remember United Artists Classics and Columbia's dalliance with Gaumont?) Menu screen or not, it would be just fine to see this in its OAR so that I could retire my ancient (circa 1982) laserdisc.

On the subject of Skolimowski, I hope Paramount sees fit to put out Deep End sometime in the not too distant future. Who currently holds the rights to the director's The Shout?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see both of those films on DVD. I don't have much faith in Universal but maybe Paramount can put out Deep End as it does have a cult following.

I'm not sure who has the rights to The Shout, but if you have a multi-region player, there's a nice widescreen version available in the UK which you can pick up for around $10.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan

For some reason, I have more faith in Moonlighting coming out. Perhaps it's because of the Jeremy Irons factor whereas Deep End has no recognizable stars.

To give Uni credit, lately they've been releasing some low radar, tho acclaimed films of similar vintage in their new budget line (e.g.Missing, Yanks). Of course, this being Universal they've also made short shrift of some titles in terms of OAR (Charley Varrick and Colossus) and the titles are entirely no frills.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member

I'm not sure as I don't have the equipment to check this (my system is from the paleozoic era). The package itself doesn't say it is.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I recall reading somewhere that Paramount will be releasing Skolimowski's THE LIGHTSHIP with Robert Duvall and Klaus Maria Brandauer later this year.

I'd also love to see DEEP END released (in it's uncut european version), I think one hurdle could be the Cat Stevens music. Cat refused to license "Moon Shadow" to John Landis for AMERICAN WEREWOLF, reportedly because of his conversion to Islam. Given the high sexual content of DEEP END (oh, that Jane Asher!), he might withhold the music rights here, too.

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
I keep hoping Criterion will license "Moonlighting," one of my top ten faves. "Deep End" is fantastic too.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Anyone know anything about an outfit called Trinity Home Entertainment? They put out a Region 1 NTSC DVD of Moonlighting that looks to be no-frills. There is no indication of aspect ratio.

Moonlighting DVD

B2MP Inc.

Auditioning
Real Name
Bruce Venezia
B2MP, Inc. will release Jerzy Skolimowski's Moonlighting starring Jeremy Irons on a Blu-ray/DVD combo in the next few weeks. Bonus materials include an isolated music and effects track, a bonus audio track with comments from Jeremy Irons, the theatrical trailer, and a new essay by Ewa Hanna Mazierska. Price will be $29.98 and it will be available on the B2MP website at http://b2mp.net as well as amazon with me as a third party seller. I will update this post as soon as I have an exact ship date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks