What's new

Moonlighting, at last! (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Hope it does come out...loved this show. However, I would stop buying after the second season. The show went down the toilet after that, thanks to atrocious writing and plotting.

Funny thing: in one of the many meta moments on the show, David and Maddie, determined to keep their relationship platonic, said if they didn't get back to "normal" the network would move them to Sunday nights at 9.

Guess what time slot the show held when it was cancelled? :D

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
I think you mean it went down the toilet after season THREE. That was the season that gave us "Atomic Shakespeare," the all-time classic and fan favorite episode, along with "Big Man On Mulberry Street" with the gigantic fantasy musical number directed by Stanley Donen, and concluded with the four episode arc in which Maddie had to choose between Sam and David. Those four episodes divide many fans, who preferred when the show focused on mysteries, but they're my personal favorites. And every other episode that season was a classic as well.

You're right about the rest, however, the show imploded after David and Maddie slept together and became a shadow of itself, with only the odd watchable episode in seasons 4 & 5.

They should have done like in the UK and just ended the show at the appropriate point, after the leads had sex, and gone out as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. The last two seasons really tarnished their reputation.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Agreed. After Season 3, they might as well not release any more because after that it was pathetic. Season 3 itself though is worth it and you can just end the series with their doing it moment and pretend nothing else happened.

The supplements that were unique to Anchor Bay's release of the pilot movie I imagine merit keeping that in our collections.

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that Moonlighting slumped after Season #3; however, even at its nadir it was still better than 95% of the shows out there then - and now. I want them all.

Does anyone know for sure whether or not they'll include the pilot? I've got in on video and DVD, but would much rather have it with Season 1/2.

I'm really excited Moonlighting is finally coming out. I miss that screwball show and all the naughty nonsense! I can't wait until Season 1/2 is available for purchase. It's my #1 unreleased show -- until May 31st!

Then, I'll have the first seasons (and more with some) of all my favorite Top 10 shows!

:D

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator

well in the news items on tvshowsondvd.com it says its supposed to include 25 hours of episodes and the first two seasons combine to make 25 episodes so i'd guess they are included.

DianaM

Agent
Hope they include Bruce and Cybill's screentest that convinced ABC that Bruce was the right and only guy for the role.

Diana :D :emoji_thumbsup:

DianaM

Agent
Packaging art and information posted today from tvshowsondvd.com:

Moonlighting - Packaging art and information
Posted by Gord Lacey
3/11/2005

Lions Gate has released final artwork for the box, and disc inserts. The following information is taken from the DVD box:

Relive every sizzling minute as the flames ignite between the sophisticated but icy Maddie Hayes (Cybill Shepherd) and the cocky and crude David Addison (Bruce Willis)! Full of innuendo and foreplay, Moonlighting takes TV dialogue to new heights of sass and sex appeal!

Sparks fly at the Blue Moon Detective Agency when picture-perfect bombshell Maddie Hayes joins the macho, fast-talking gumshoe David Addison to solve mysteries, earn a buck, sing a song or two, and fall in love. Finally on DVD, TV's sexiest private investigators deliver dialogue, chockful of one-liners, triple-entendres and foreplay, to your home.

Not Just a Day Job, The Story of Moonlighting, Part 1
A half-hour, in-depth look at the creative arc of Season One of the show, featuring exclusive interviews with creators, cast and crew.

Inside the Blue Moon Detective Agency, The Story of Moonlighting, Part 2
Part 2 focuses in-depth on Season Two. Learn the amazing stories behind the creation of Episodes 6-23, including the story of how they got Orson Welles to record an introduction to the show that aired just days before his death; the appearances of other guest stars, such as Whoopi Goldberg; and the critical acclaim garnered by the show.

The Moonlighting Phenomenon
A look at how the show went from a small success to a worldwide cultural phenomenon, not just when it aired, but also in its afterlife among the fans.

Select Episode Commentaries
Moonlighting creator Glenn Gordon Caron, Cybill Shepherd, Bruce Willis and many more.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Any info about music replacement?

They used a LOT of music - this set could turn into another big joke like "Quantum Leap".

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I wonder if Bruce Willis would participate in any extras on S3+.If i recall correctly he mentioned during the extras that he regards S1/S2 as some of the best tv of alltime and thinks the rest of the season's were forgettable.

It's been so long since i have seen these i can't remember if i liked S3+ or not but i want more and will buy S3 when/if it's released. Bring It On!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks