What's new

Moonfall (2022) (1 Viewer)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Update: it is now $6 on Prime. We watched it last night. As disaster movies go, it was OK. Certainly not the best, but it wasn't bad. Pretty far-fetched but interesting take on things. I'll add that I didn't care for how they presented the origin story at the end.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Exactly what I was expecting. Big dumb fun. Definitely Emmerich’s dumbest but still delivers the disaster goods.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Exactly what I was expecting. Big dumb fun. Definitely Emmerich’s dumbest but still delivers the disaster goods.
His dumbest? Now THAT'S saying something! :laugh: Of course, I'll get around to watching it eventually. Might even pick up the digital when it hits $4.99.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just watched it and really enjoyed it. They must have used a couple CGI shops because the building at the beginning of the movie looked like models. Later on the good CG kicked in.

More bad news, only gives you 2 audio choices, STEREO or DOLBY DIGITAL and no ATMOS! Said it was 4K, but it wasn't because at the end it showed 1080P.

All in all, I guess it was worth saving $14.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
More bad news, only gives you 2 audio choices, STEREO or DOLBY DIGITAL and no ATMOS! Said it was 4K, but it wasn't because at the end it showed 1080P.

All in all, I guess it was worth saving $14.
You viewed this movie on disc or digital? For those into streaming, iTunes is selling the 4K stream with Dolby Vision and Atmos for $9.99.

YANG

Screenwriter
His dumbest? Now THAT'S saying something! :laugh: Of course, I'll get around to watching it eventually. Might even pick up the digital when it hits $4.99.
majority of R.Emmerich’s flicks had mostly been popcorn flicks which gives u mind boggling sensory experience with little seriousness in story telling... with exception of the Patriot and Midway that gives some references to historical background searching...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Amazon offers you to buy or rent. I guess lower price (rent) means lower quality audio and video.
You can rent it from Amazon in HD or UHD for the same price:

1651677980749.png

The difference is that the Amazon 4K stream is HDR, not Dolby Vision like the iTunes stream, and iTunes also gives you Atmos audio, which the Amazon stream lacks:

1651678224578.png

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
You can rent it from Amazon in HD or UHD for the same price:

View attachment 137051

The difference is that the Amazon 4K stream is HDR, not Dolby Vision like the iTunes stream, and iTunes also gives you Atmos audio, which the Amazon stream lacks:

View attachment 137053
Yup. That’s why iTunes is the best streamer all around. For purchases and rentals.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

After having seen the trailer, I was going to avoid this. But when I came across the Best Buy SteelBook UHD, I buckled (I am a weak, weak man...) Finally got around to watching it yesterday while sitting in air-conditioned comfort while there's a heat wave going on outside.

Anyway...lord is this movie just completely bat-shit insane, even from the general frame of reference of Roland Emmerich films. But it was still a fun ride from beginning to end. How he manages to make such entertainment out of such stupid movies, I'll never understand.

Two things stood out for me:

(1) "Fuzz Aldrin". :emoji_laughing:

(2) That shot of Ringworld(!) during the "origin" sequence. :rock:

I'm not sure that I'll end up watching this one as much as I do Independence Day, but...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This is one of the craziest disaster movies I could have imagined.
Almost unbelievable but when Roland is involved anything is possible.
The LFE in this movie is bone rattling.

“The moon is going to help us!”
“We scanned your consciousness, you’re part of the Moon now.”

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Actually one of the few films I stopped watching before the end with no desire to finish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks