What's new

Moon Knight (Disney+) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
MoonKnight_S01_001.png
Long rumored as coming to Netflix from Marvel Television before that partnership collapsed, the television adaptation of "Moon Knight" is instead coming to Disney+ from Marvel Studios.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looking forward to this. I wonder if this is the role for Kit Harrington that was teased?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oscar Issac in talks for the lead in Moon Knight. This is a huge get. I'm really looking forward to this series.

Oscar Isaac, eh? I might watch this one.

How many series does Marvel have in the works? Will they actually be able to go from series to series so people 'can't' unsubscribe from Disney +?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think they would have been able to do something close to that had the pandemic not thrown a monkey wrench into the works. There’s WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Loki, this and at least one more I’m blanking on. The open question is whether these are all recurring seasons, limited event series or a mix of both.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think at least some of them are going to be limited series. For example, we know that Wanda appears in Doctor Strange after the events of WandaVision. If there was going to be a second season of WandaVision, it would have to occur after the events of the movie. So the movie would have to come out first.

Oscar Isaac is a great actor. Hopefully this role uses his talents more effectively than Apocalypse did.

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, Disney+ has been around for a year already and they haven't released any Marvel content yet.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Well, there's the aggressive slate of new B-characters Marvel wanted to do outside of the movies, like She-Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel, and...then there are all the "Participation trophy" spinoff series for disgruntled MCU actors who thought they didn't get enough screen time before Endgame, like Falcon, Hawkeye, Loki and Nick Fury.

...One is going to end up drowning the other before new-service Streaming Fatigue sets in.
And that's not even counting a future wave of new "Look at our Mandalorian ratings!" Star Wars series already about to drown the vintage content.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, Disney+ has been around for a year already and they haven't released any Marvel content yet.

That is squarely due to the virus. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was expected to launch in August, but they didn't have that opportunity because of the shutdown.

We also had the trailer for WandaVision a while back and that is going to be starting this year. I expect they will start with the first episode of that dropping when The Baby Yoda Show ends for the season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
With actors like Oscar Issac involved, these are hardly second tier productions.

And these are hardly traditional television shows. These 6 or 8 episode series have budgets equivalent to a tent pole movie.

Y’know, Guardians of the Galaxy weren’t even considered C-list characters until Marvel made a couple of outstanding movies with them

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Y’know, Guardians of the Galaxy weren’t even considered C-list characters until Marvel made a couple of outstanding movies with them
Yep. Like disco and the Pet Rock, the Guardians had been largely left in the 1970's.

Speaking of oddball 70's Marvel characters, fingers crossed for a Brother Voodoo TV series.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
With actors like Oscar Issac involved, these are hardly second tier productions.

And these are hardly traditional television shows. These 6 or 8 episode series have budgets equivalent to a tent pole movie.

In fairness to the comics, the Guardians had a bit of a populatiry resurgence with the Annihilation series 2005. Though they did not have any sort of culture penetration beyond comic fans. The movies elevated them into the popularity stratosphere!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks