What's new

Moody Blues June 2005 Concert to DVD (1 Viewer)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
"Sep 12, 2005 09:00

Image Entertainment Secures Distribution Rights to Moody Blues Live Concert; Legendary Rock Band's Live Concert to Hit Retailers in November

CHATSWORTH, Calif. --(Business Wire)-- Sept. 12, 2005 Image Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq:DISK), a leading independent licensee, producer and distributor of home entertainment programming in North America, today announced it has signed an agreement with Rock On Tours, Inc., and secured the DVD, audio, broadcast and theatrical rights to a live performance of the classic rock band The Moody Blues.
The concert, which took place on June 11, 2005, at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, was recorded live using 11 high-definition cameras. Image Entertainment will release a two-DVD set and a two-CD set of the performance. The CD set is scheduled to be released on November 15 with a suggested retail price of $17.98. The DVD set will be released at a later date following the CD release.

"This was one of the most incredible live Moody Blues performances in recent history," said Barry Gordon, senior vice president of worldwide programming of Image Entertainment. "We used state-of-the-art technology and the best technical staff to capture all the energy and excitement of the actual performance."

The Moody Blues, who recently completed a U.S. summer tour, have sold in excess of 60 million albums during the course of their four-decade career and created the standard for classic rock music. The Moody Blues -- Justin Hayward (lead guitar/vocals), John Lodge (bass guitar/vocals) and Graeme Edge (drums) -- are one of the most enduring and beloved rock bands in music history. With a legacy that spans the late 60s to the present, The Moodies have generated a legendary list of hit songs that are regarded as some of the most groundbreaking and innovative music of our time, including such rock staple hits as "Tuesday Afternoon," "Nights In White Satin," "Ride My See Saw," "I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock And Roll Band)," "Legend Of A Mind," "Voices In The Sky," "Your Wildest Dreams," "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" and many more. "

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Phil, it makes me blue that so few Moodies are left. With Thomas and Pinder gone, I'm imagining a concert that's missing a few links, a group no longer blessed with the variety they once had.

I saw them play with the Knoxville Symphony about 15 years ago, en completo. I'm not so sure this skeleton group would be as very appealing? Hayward may be the main cog but it might not be the same without those missing ingredients? Best wishes! :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Image Entertainment, huh?

I wonder if the company will consider releasing this on SACD/DVD-A and packaging it with the DVD, like it did with Roy Orbison's "Black and White Night"?

That will be real cool.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Danny that would be great. Weren't the SACDs announced once? I thought I remember seeing something. Like many other titles on SACD and DVD-A, I'm doubtful we'll ever see it. Rachael, I'm not what I used to be either, in fact I have to "Go Now.":D

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Phil, if you gotta, gotta go, gotta go....don't they have a pill for that? I don't think it's purple, but I'm sure it's a lovely colour!;) :)

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Phil,

As late as March of this year, Justin Hayward wrote on his website that he was requested by Universal to listen and sign off on the multi-channel remix of 7 Moody Blues albums. However, it's now kind of becoming vaporware :angry: I don't know if the band is still under contract to Universal or whether live recordings are excluded.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Danny, I thought I had seen something. Yes, looks like vaporware. I'd be happy with stereo hi-rez of either format as long as it wasn't a DualDisc. Rachael, pills come in all kinds of attractive colors and as they say, 'one pill makes you larger and one makes you smaller and some don't do anything at all.';)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks