What's new

Moody Blues DVD: A Question of... (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Anybody care to chime in, regarding "The Moody Blues: The Lost Performance, Live in Paris, 1970"?

I don't own it, but had a chance to view it on a so-so system yesterday. I could swear that the music portion of the sound consisted of dubbed-in studio tracks. The transition was audible when mixing from room-placement mics in the club, to the actual music tracks. The disc is billed as a "lost, rare performance tape", and that's even suggested during a modern-day interview with Mike Pinder.

Any feedback from the rest of you, who might have listened to this DVD?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it, but I read a review of it at www.allmusic.com that ripped it apart and confirmed what you had said above. Most of the music is pre-recorded and they are just singing live to it. It said that in some parts that the instruments were being played live, but mostly it is pre-recorded.

I guess it can be considered a rare performance, but it is quite misleading.

David James

Stunt Coordinator
I had heard about the lipsynching as well.

The Moody's have a couple of other DVD's out:

Live at Albert Hall
A Night at Red Rocks

Any recommendations?

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have it and ites it is dubbed in places, mainly with the music parts. Look it up on any of the fan sites and such and everyone there noticed it as well. It wasn't endorsed by the band either, so a lot of places removed it from shelves. The only one to have anything to do with it was and is former member Mike Pinder. He even offered it at his site.

I don't Live At The Royal Albert Hall, so I can't comment on that. I have A Night At Red Rocks, which I think is pretty good. I can't really give the best review, because I don't have the best equipment to view/listen to it on. There's also a Legend Of A Band and a video collection for Moody Blues DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks