What's new

Monty Python's Personal Best! Check your PBS listings (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Starts tonight in my area. 6 hours of the cast's favorite bits. And I just read that PBS will be reairing all 47 episodes beginning this spring!

Ex-parrots for everyone!

Kelly W

Second Unit
Are these the same "Personal Best" specials that were released on DVD a little while ago?

I never bought them because I already had all the original episodes. However, my newspaper claims there are some new bits included. I will have to watch this.

-Kelly

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reminder. I'm not really interested in the Olympics this time around.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Checked the listings here and they are spread out over several weeks with a few of them aired more than once. Have them set up on the DVR. But there wasn't a listing for Terry Jones' show. Either they already showed it or it isn't on the schedule yet.

I was surprised to see a Graham Chapman episode. I wonder if these were selected based on previous interviews/writing he did or based on the other member's recollections of his favorites?

I'm off to go attend gala luncheon. I hope they aren't serving salmon mousse.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

The Terry Jones episode is scheduled last and is labeled 106.
The last two, Palin and Jones, are 90 minutes rather than 60.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Graham Chapman's "Personal Best" was apparently chosen by the other Pythons.

Can anybody confirm that these episodes are the same ones released on DVD last year? Thanks!

-Kelly

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I wish that they hadn't aired John Cleese's during the same time as Lost, I missed all of that, and the first few minutes of Terry Gilliam's. I wish they did it the other way around, because so far, (about a quarter of the way through) Terry Gilliam's episode is mostly showcasing his cartoons, which I never really liked all that much. I mean, I think the animation in them was great, I just never really found them all that humorous. All in all, I don't care too much about missing the episode, since I already have the entire set, but I would have liked to see which were his favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks