What's new

Monty Python’s Flying Circus Restored for Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
According to the Digital Bits not all the extras will be carried over from the 16 Ton Megaset to the new release. I might have to keep both sets?

if you want those particular extras, yes (if the extras you wanted to keep were all on the 2-disc Monty Python Live!, you could get rid of the remaining 14 discs that comprised the original, pre-16 Ton set, or get rid of the whole thing and pick up a separate 2-disc Live set).

Apart from some of the stuff on the Live set, I would have assumed most of what on the original 14-disc set look to be pretty non-essential/disposable.

Also, I think it is planned for Network to do a separate cleaned-up release of the two German episodes (Fliegender Zirkus), so the A&E version of that might eventually be a redundancy.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

And here’s a great little touch: If you start playing episodes from the disc menu, each begins just as you remember them. But when you do, you might notice that the episodes start at Chapter 2—if you skip back from there, Network has actually included the original BBC studio VT clock leaders at the front of each episode! Studio portions of the show were actually recorded in front of a live audience, and you can hear the stage manager counting down to the start of the recording. Occasionally, one of the Pythons can even be heard joking with the audience as well

This is awesome!!!!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Reports of damaged boxes are coming loud and clear from across the pond.

That damn thing did look impossible to stay in one piece.

But on the plus side, mine is shipping and supposed to be here on Friday.
I have a few suspects in mind...
nobody-ever-expects-the-spanish-inquisition-bet-you-werent-expecting-2807910.png
;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have a few suspects in mind...
nobody-ever-expects-the-spanish-inquisition-bet-you-werent-expecting-2807910.png
;)

You know, one of the funniest things I have ever seen -- and this may actually be the funniest -- is the episode where The Spanish Inquisition finds themselves in the absolute wrong place when they are suddenly needed. We watch as they have to painfully wait for a bus to get to their destination as the show's credits roll. Trying to race to beat the end of the credit roll, they finally reach their destination and are about ready to deliver their famous line when...

It's just true fucking genius whomever came up with that shit.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
You know, one of the funniest things I have ever seen -- and this may actually be the funniest -- is the episode where The Spanish Inquisition finds themselves in the absolute wrong place when they are suddenly needed. We watch as they have to painfully wait for a bus to get to their destination as the show's credits roll. Trying to race to beat the end of the credit roll, they finally reach their destination and are about ready to deliver their famous line when...

It's just true fucking genius whomever came up with that shit.

An expert from the UK TV station, Channel 4. This was a 2005 special called Britain's 50 Best Comedy Sketches. The Spanish Inquisition came in at #12.

texboil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Robbins
In regards to the extras, you have to get The Life of Python set if you want “everything.” Those two discs are not included in the 16-ton megaset. They include the material created for the 30th anniversary and one of the German shows.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I wonder if they restored the firing squad ‘missing scene’ from The Cycling Tour :D

I'm still trying to understand the mindset behind the censorship of the All-England Summarize Marcel Proust Competition, mainly
why "masturbating" is more offensive than "strangling animals."

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Reports of damaged boxes are coming loud and clear from across the pond.

That damn thing did look impossible to stay in one piece.

But on the plus side, mine is shipping and supposed to be here on Friday.
It's hard to pick one episode to be my favorite but The Cycling Tour would be in the top five.
“Its funny how you can go through life hating bananas and being indifferent to cheese but still enjoy a delicious banana and cheese sandwich”.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'm still trying to understand the mindset behind the censorship of the All-England Summarize Marcel Proust Competition, mainly
why "masturbating" is more offensive than "strangling animals."

Strangling is not an offensive word, but the other word though and during that time period of the 70's through the 90's when MPFC was in syndication, that was a big no no word that couldn't be said on TV programs here in the US and probably in other countries as well. The UK have more relaxed views of saying "shocking words" as it's part of their culture. They can say a lot things in their shows that still today the US can't unless their on either cable stations or streaming services.

Last edited:

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
US TV was already becoming more permissive partly because of All in the Family. The hypocrisy is that a sexual reference got censored but not a violent one. I guess some taboos are more taboo than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks