What's new

Monty Python’s Flying Circus Restored for Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
If they (Network) are the ones underwriting at least some of the costs, though, they definitely have a stake and, perhaps, at least partial ownership of the "remastered masters".

The way these things work is each part of the deal is another slice of the pie. If there are costs involved, they are exchanged for distribution rights. It's very doubtful that rights holders would give away an ownership stake to a distributor. However they might give the distributor an exclusive in a certain area for a specified period of time. In this case, that would be physical media in the UK. There is no reason to give a company that sells DVDs and blu-rays broadcast rights. They wouldn't even use them.

Unless someone knows the terms of the contracts, its safe to assume that whoever owns the show still owns it, and they also own the rights to the restoration of the show they own. They can broadcast those new masters however they want... and I bet once a deal is in place for physical media in the US, you'll see the streaming copies (i.e. Netflix) upgraded too. Broadcast drives the sales of physical media.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
At this point, there's a lot more money to be made in streaming than physical media. Netflix just paid nearly half a billion dollars for the rights to Seinfeld.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
At this point, there's a lot more money to be made in streaming than physical media. Netflix just paid nearly half a billion dollars for the rights to Seinfeld.

Which is why Netflix subscriptions skyrocket. Sigh.

At least, for the moment, their programming is better than the other services....for now.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
saw this on Roobarb's:

Paul said on Facebook that every episode bar two are back to their original running length - and the two that aren't are actually longer!

Also (sadly):
no sculptor/wine tasting/cocktails according to Paul’s latest post: the only series 3 studio tapes are the two insert tapes that were on YouTube ages ago.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

How many other shows that premiered the same year are worth that kind of money? Maybe The Simpsons but largely because that's still an ongoing concern. The medium is less important than the actual content. If either of them got Blu-Rays they would still sell through the roof. Those originated on film. Fraggle Rock didn't and it still warranted a complete series Blu-ray set! This show is a 50-year-old mix of tape and film and is still getting a Blu-ray.

When physical media is dead, you'll know it by the complete absence of anything in any format whatsoever.

Last edited:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
saw this on Roobarb's:

Paul said on Facebook that every episode bar two are back to their original running length - and the two that aren't are actually longer!

Also (sadly):
no sculptor/wine tasting/cocktails according to Paul’s latest post: the only series 3 studio tapes are the two insert tapes that were on YouTube ages ago.

He also said on missing-episodes.com that the BBC no longer holds an NTSC copy of Royal Episode 13 so RSC is out of the question. Also no kinis exists of that particular episode as the BBC did not retain any prints of this season and even if they did, there is no record of black and white copies of anything other than the first 6 episodes of Season 2 being made available

Last edited:

Coressel

Supporting Actor
SPECIAL FEATURES just revealed by Network:

SF-lists-SERIES-ONE.jpg
SF-lists-SERIES-TWO.jpg

SF-lists-SERIES-THREE.jpg

SF-lists-SERIES-FOUR.jpg

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Getting closer.

Wonder when Network will ship US orders.

For context.

I order the Up Series (7 Up through 63 Up) from Network. It had a 'release date' of Oct 14. I received the shipping notice email on Oct 10. It was delivered in the Chicago area on Oct 17. There was no tracking.

If they follow a similar pattern, they would ship on Oct 31, and it would arrive Nov 7.

texboil

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Robbins
I see the release date for this has now been moved up to November 4 from the previously announced November 12. Bill Hunt wrote in today's Digital Bits that the site was working on a review, so obviously review copies are out.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For context.

I order the Up Series (7 Up through 63 Up) from Network. It had a 'release date' of Oct 14. I received the shipping notice email on Oct 10. It was delivered in the Chicago area on Oct 17. There was no tracking.

If they follow a similar pattern, they would ship on Oct 31, and it would arrive Nov 7.

You were pretty much right on the money.

Network sent out an email last night saying the sets would start shipping on November 1, with arrival date depending on where you live.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I just got a shipping email, which is mildly confusing, but I think its talking about if you have a preorder with something in stock:

YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED (UNLESS IT'S A PRE-ORDER)

ORDER 239536

Please note that this is an automated email, if your order contained a Pre-Order or an item that is out of stock this will follow as soon as it is available.

On the rare occasion when an item is out of stock and has subsequently been discontinued, we will make every effort to inform you at the earliest possible opportunity and process you a full refund.

Thank you for shopping with Network On Air!
You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your customer account by clicking "My account" on our shop.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Got the message too and it will take some time to arrive from the UK so I would guess I might get it around the second week of November.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks