What's new

Monty Python Holy Grail playing at my theater... (1 Viewer)

Brad_W

Screenwriter
For some reason this film is at my local theater!!! Weird! Has it been re-released or something? I'll have to see it after I see LOTR.

Just wondering if it also has been released around your area?

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Yep, there was a slight theatrical rerelease for Holy Grail, I don't know how many prints were made however. I think around 50-100.
It played in Vancouver for about two weeks and I sadly missed it. I know Matt Chmiel got to see it when it hit Las Vegas, the lucky guy.
Jay

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Thanks, I did not know that. I thought it was rather odd that this film was in the theaters. I think I'll try to coax my wife into seeing it tonight and then seeing LOTR tomorrow. I hope she can handle it!!

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Well, I just got back from seeing this in the theater. Very awesome! There was only my wife and I, two couples, and a gal by herself in the whole theater. Absolutely wonderful.

My only question:

What was the ratio that Holy Grail was filmed in? The film was one large square showing the boom mic sometimes and even the animator's hands during the animated bit where they were running away from the monster with many eyes.

About 2/5ths of the film was off the white screen.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Thank you Matt. Is it normal for that ratio to be displayed incorrectly at the theater? I guess if it is more square than rectangle then I can see the reason for the out-of-screen display.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
The place I saw this in back in September had just one reel of the film mis-framed. You could clearly see a mic hanging over Arthur's head as he said, "It is a silly place..."

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I saw the rerelease in November and I must say that it was the most fun I have ever had in a movie... they even played the 4 minutes of repeating music to a blank screen at the end... only time I have seen people laughing at a blank screen... truely memorable

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks