What's new

Monty Python & Holy Grail - Fixed yet? (1 Viewer)

John CW

Supporting Actor
Sorry if this has been stated elsewhere, but I have one of the troubled DVD players (a Toshiba 2109 to be precise) and I want this disc!!

Have they re-issed a fixed version yet?

Thanks for any help!

~ John

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I have received confirmation from Sony that the replacement discs have corrected the subtitle problem.
To receive this *corrected* copy:
Send both discs in their original packaging to
CTHE
ATTN: Customer Service
10202 W. Washington Bl.
Culver City, CA 90232
Please include your return address (no PO boxes). This replacement is for Region 1 only.

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Anyone know whether the missing title subtitle has been added in this corrected version?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
quote:
------------
Surely you jest? Have you been living under a rock recently?
------------
The man is not jesting, and dont call him Shirley....
:D
and at todays housing prices, its a wonder more of us arent...

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, I've searched a few threads for this info, but I'm coming up empty, so I'll ask here - How does one know for sure if they are buying the corrected version or not? I haven't picked this title up yet, but would really like to. Is it like SPINAL TAP, where the corrected version has stars (*) before and after the title on the packaging sticker?

Any info on how to tell which is which would be very appreciated. Thanks...

JiM T

Paul D G

Screenwriter
As I noted in my post in the following thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=19321
I sent my bugged DVD to CTHE on the 16th, got it back on the 24th and the subtitles bug was corrected. The missing title subtitle (fake swedish) is still not there, but, IMHO, this is a minor issue and mainly a purist thing. :)
I did not notice anything specific with the packaging to indicate the difference to new buyers. Try your luck. It's only a buck or two to send it in, and even at Christmas there was only a week turnaround time, which ain't bad.
-paul

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
My understanding is that they fixed the problem with the subtitles popping up uncommanded, but the first fake Swedish subtitle is still missing.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Just yesterday I picked up my second copy of MP&THG:SE at Best Buy (I had given my first copy complete with subtitle problems to a friend who says it doesn't happen on his DVD player), and to my satisfaction found that the subtitle problem is fixed. As mentioned by others, you can't change the subtitles on the fly anymore, you have to go back to the main menu, but that's ok.

However, it is true that the "Norwegian" subtitle on the title of the film is still gone.

Oh, and I'm still using the same old Toshiba 2107 I've had since 1998.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks