What's new

Monty Python and the Holy Grail...Again? (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
I wrote to them just to find out why the set had not shipped yet. Here is their response:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

We are very sorry for the delay in completing your order. I have reviewed your account and can see that this experience has been far less than positive. We strive for convenience and efficiency at Amazon.com but in this instance we have fallen short of our goal.
I'm truly sorry that your impression of doing business with Amazon.com has been so negative.

As a representative of Amazon.com I want to assure you that we value our customers' trust above all else--it's the foundation on which our company was built. Please know that we'll continue working hard to ensure that you receive accurate service, and to minimize the chances of anything like this occurring again.

Please allow me to explain that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that "Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Extraordinarily Deluxe Two-Disc Edition)" is now back- ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

To help compensate you for this unexpected change, I have upgraded the shipping method for this order to Two-Day Shipping.

The revised estimated Delivery Date is October 18, 2006.

I know that this upgrading will in no way compensate for the inconvenience caused, please understand that we do care for our customers and do all we can to avail this item for you, in spite of all the efforts our reliance on suppliers and manufacturers for information about their stock, has caused this disappointment. I am extremely sorry for this situation.

I have already contacted our appropriate department regarding this situation and they have already contacted a different supplier to obtain this item for you.

Please rest assured that you will receive the order sooner than it is estimated.

Please note that the above mentioned dates are simply stated in your Account as stand-in dates. I can assure you that we are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it. This means that we will ship the item as soon as we receive it from our suppliers even if the estimated ship date has still not arrived.

I'm sorry that you were not notified sooner of this change in availability.

You won't be charged until we ship it to you. On the date of shipment, we'll send you e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

We would understand if you'd prefer to cancel your order. You may cancel unshipped items through the "Your Account" page, accessible at the top of any page on our web site. To cancel your order, simply click "Cancel items or orders." After signing in with your e-mail address and password, you will be able to view your order history and cancel your order for any item that has not yet entered the shipping process.

We make a significant effort to keep abreast of prices and availabilities, but our reliance on our suppliers for information about the items they offer means that, occasionally, our database
will not reflect all changes.

In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard.

Once again, I am truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this level of service. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=ywffbayy3289056509
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=ywffbayy3289056509

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Shaherin B.
Amazon.com Customer Service
http://www.amazon.com

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It's almost like a John Carpenter or Wes Craven film playing out! :D Joseph, if you live through the experience, let us know what happened! ;)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I wonder whether this availability issue is related to the reason they didn't send me a screener. There were a couple of other recent titles that I was told they didn't have enough screeners to send out.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Bob,

After reading that whole long Amazon letter, I thought for sure their last sentence would say, "those responsible for messing up your order have been sacked!!"

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
LMAO! I wish! Good one! Now the people responsible for sacking the people who are messing with my order would be sacked...

Maybe I'd get my copy!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I noticed something recently re: Amazon's listings for this title.

Deep Discount DVD recently lowered their price on the 16-Ton Megaset to less than $60. I'd been holding out on getting any Monty Python DVD's until I got the series and since I did I planned on getting all the other stuff.

So after placing my order at DDD I went to Amazon and added this release plus "And Now For Something Completely Different", "Life of Brian" and "The Meaning of Life" to my cart. I don't expect my DDD order until Saturday or so so I hadn't placed the order, I just wanted to see what the total would be in my cart.

Anyways, the "Extraordinarily Deluxe Edition" DVD that I entered into my cart a day or two ago had changed to a UMD as of last night.

At least now that item in their system has an accurate description. I actually just bought it at Wal-Mart last night so I won't be ordering it from Amazon but the fact that they've updated the description makes it seem like they may actually be getting this straightened out.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I like the framing of the new disc, but does anyone besides me notice that the whole film now has a yellow cast on everything. Especially in skintones. It's almost like they bleached all of the blue out of the film.

-Lyle J.P.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My God. Not only does the Amazon site now only list this as a UMD, my order has also been modified to reflect that. It's in transit, but I can only assume that it's a UMD crap, and that I'll have to return it, and that they won't have the dvd. What a joke. Amazon really screwed up this time. :frowning:

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
I just got notification of tracking so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Hopeflly it will be the right item. Not to seem stupid but what is UMD?

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I picked up the latest release of the Holy Grail a few days ago and as expected it still has the subtitle issues.

For my DVD player, they turned on pretty much at the start of every chapter.

Andy

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
You could just pop down to Wal-Mart and get it, it's been there for almost two weeks now.....wait....you mean there is some place in the world where Wal-Mart hasn't invaded? ;)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Mine came tonight. UMD version. What is everyone doing that got this wrong version? UnFrickinbelievable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks