What's new

Monsters Inc. Packaging (1 Viewer)

Rick Pay

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone else experienced this with the Monster's Inc. packaging. The clear plastic on the outside of the case which holds the cover art had wrinkles and the cover art insert had creases along with a warped case. The dvd itself is fine but had to go to many stores (Blockbuster,Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Walgreens) in the Chicagoland area to try and find an unblemished case, no luck after sifting thru over 100 Monster cases. I just wish the packaging was as good as the dvd. I know I'm being picky but just want my collection not have any flaws.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

ordered online as well, 2 copies, both with wrinkled plastic, but only on the back. It's nothing I haven't encountered before, but it's certainly interesting that so many Monsters Inc. DVD covers seem to be affected. I'm not too bothered about it though.
What I hate more is DVD cover plastic that's warped because of those stupid sticky rubber plastic strip thingies they're putting on top of the DVD (and sometimes on the bottom and the sides).

Chris

ShawnF

Stunt Coordinator
I opened my copy last night (purchased at CC) and the plastic that holds the DVD was broken off. Going back tonight to get a replacement.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Mine's clear plastic was also wrinkled pretty badly. The only other time I've gotten a case which had wrinkled plastic on it was with "A.I." and come to think of it, that's the only other DVD I've got that uses this style of double case, so it might be something common with that case.

The worst part about mine's packaging was that at some point, the paper cover had slid up about a quarter of an inch and the security stickers were applied on top of it. Thus, my "Monsters Inc" DVD has about a quarter of an inch missing on the front and back cover. And I pulled it off as slowly and as gently as I could. Thankfully, Disney is sending me another cover, so I hope that it doesn't get mangled in the mail.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Mine had the same problem The top and bottom of the case was warped, and the plastic was wrinkled, and the sticker was stuck to some of the paper that was exposed. I went to exchange it, and I noticed that a lot of the packages were the same way, i.e., wrinkled plastic. Only a few had a warped case though. I was able to find a couple where the wrinkled plastic wasn't very noticeable, but I didn't find any that were flawless. I am happy with the one I found though. When I exchanged it at Wal-Mart, they had to remove the plastic wrap and the security stickers, so I insisted that they let me remove the stickers myself, so they wouldn't tear the paper. I think the lady was a little upset though because it took almost 5 minitues with her breathing down my back so to speak. It has never taken that long before, they usually come right off. It was because I was nervous though, I am sure.
I also peeled off the Monsters Inc. Bar code from the plastic wrap from the first DVD and put it on top of Mike Wazowski. ;)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of warped/wrinkled plastic on keepcases....I think about 80% of all titles are mangled in some fashion (at least the ones I've encountered). Almost always need replacing. :angry:

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
I went over to inetdvd.com to see if they had replacement double Amarays (like the ones used for Phantom Menace and A Bug's Life) and they didn't have any at all. Anyone know of anyplace online that has them for sale individually?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Mine was "wrinkled" also.
The case is not a double amray, it is a new style case, which has a "leaf" inside a standard size case, and I am going to guess you will not be able to easily find the same one readily available.
Personally, I can live with the wrinkle because I am really not that anal. I have better things to concern myself with. :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
went over to inetdvd.com to see if they had replacement double Amarays (like the ones used for Phantom Menace and A Bug's Life) and they didn't have any at all. Anyone know of anyplace online that has them for sale individually?
No one has them right now. NexPak's production is sold outtill Oct/November to manufactuers for Xmas discs

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Anybody here going to actually watch the movie, or are you going to stand the DVD case up on a shelf so you can look at it and "kvetch"?
;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, on Tuesday morning I ran into K-Mart, found the display near the front of the store, and picked a copy of MI up. While heading to the register, I noticed the back plastic was wrinkled. I went back to the display and probably settled on the fourth or fifth one I picked up.
I guess that could be considered anal-retentive, but I figured why not try to find one that's not wrinkled?
It's the same method I used when selecting my wife!;)
Just kidding, honey! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks