What's new

Monsters Inc DVD (technical issues merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Probably just a defective disc. I played it on a Panasonic with no problems.

(This isn't right, why is my post at the top?)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I have a Pioneer 414 and so did the store I got it from, and it froze as I was watching it. I hoped it wouldn't do it on mine but it did. I had to scan to get past it but annoying enough. Anyone else had this problem.

Matthew Perry

Stunt Coordinator
Is it already released in the US?
It doesn't get released in Canada until Tuesday. :frowning:
I will let you know on Tuesday.
Regards,
Matt

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
Apparently you're not the only one having problems in chapter 30. There's been a few threads in uk.media.dvd about this. Skipping, freezing and pixelization were some of the most common problems described, others played the disc without a glitch.
I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets considerably longer in the next few days. It's almost like a tradition when a new Disney 2 disc set is out. :)
Chris

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Okay,

this may be a bit premature, but is there a chance that mainly Pioneer players are affected? In the uk.media.dvd thread the OP has a Pioneer as well (717).

Chris

MattCapes

Auditioning
On various UK forums people have been having problems with the R1 disc - largely on Pioneer players and mainly at the layer change. It's intermittent though, as replacement copies have apparently worked fine. For what it's worth, my Pioneer 626 played it fine, though the layer change was somewhat slow.

U.S. version freezes at the same point on my Pioneer player--but only the widescreen version! With fullscreen, no problem. No problem either on my Toshiba player.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hey guys!
I've been reading all about how the Canadian version of Monsters Inc. has been changed from the US version (namely dropping the full-screen version and SFX track while adding a French language track). :angry:
I'll most likely order a copy from the States since the SFX track is very important to me. I'm wondering if anything else (for better or worse) has been changed for the Canadian version?
The thing that really urks me is that since the full-frame version was dropped, this SHOULD have left ample room for the French track (while still keeping the SFX track). Also, does anyone know if the bitrate of the video is any different on the Canadian version? Perhaps they increased it since there was all this free space on the disc?

Alex S

Second Unit
I picked up my copy today and watched it tonight on my Pioneer dvd player.

It freezes at 84.01, near the end of the movie when Mike tells Sully he has a surprise to show him.(Boo's door)

It only happens on the widesreen version.
(if it was the fullscreen version I wouldn't care)

Anyone else have this problem ?

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
This is probably the layer change. It freezes on my copy as well (I have the Canadian version), but only for a split second. It is jarring, however.

Alex S

Second Unit
I have a Pioneer DV-525.

I'm wondering if geting a new copy will help.
I guess it's worth a try.

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Mine just goes through a continuous loop at that point that encompasses about 1 second of video. I have the Panasonic DMR-E20 DVD Recorder.

VERY ANNOYING!!! Whoever is the QA for Disney's DVDs ought to be fired!!!

Let's see:

Snow White, Tron, She's All That, Tarzan, Atlantis, Emporer's New Groove, Dinosaur, and a few others that I can't remember.

All of them had some problem with the discs in general and had to be redone. I REALLY applaud Disney for putting out great material, but if these disc won't play, it is very frustrating.

Bill

Alex S

Second Unit
I just tried it on my dvd player on my computer and it played fine.
I guess exchanging it for a new copy isn't going to help.
:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks